“COZY, COZY, COZY!!!”

Cozy Hollow Lodge
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
“COZY, COZY, COZY!!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My bf and I stayed here a week ago, and we both enjoyed that we were able to walk village and everywhere! We never used our car, big plus!.

Most importantly it was clean, cozy and had a great fireplace we used the entire stay. We stayed in cabin #5 which is a connecting wall cabin, but had no noise issues.

We plan to stay here again when its just the two of us. Rich (owner) was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank 1bsylady

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I came here mid-week for one night. The hotel is charming, the cabins well furnished with excellent amenities and the Wi-Fi is speedy. In addition, Richard, the owner, is very nice, interesting, and accommodating. The hotel is located on Highway 18 just a short distance from the Village. Thus, there is a bit of road noise, but this is overbalanced by the comfort and appearance of the rooms. This place is well-maintained and a very good deal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Inside my cabin was cute and cozy. I did feel the website was a bit misleading tho. I had a separate 1 bedroom spa cabin. And by separate, the website means 4ft away from the cabins on each side of you. But I didn't really notice from the inside and my husband and I were the only ones renting at the time anyways. They provide some dishes and cooking supplies but I highly recommend bringing your own. Especially a griddle if u have one. The pots were once non stick but hardly that any more and the electric stove didn't work very well, and only 1 out of 2 burners at a time. The freezer was cold enough for ice cubes but not ice cream. Also the room is a bit smaller than the pics lead u to believe, but that's with most places. The heater didnt work very well. Other than that, the jacuzzi tub worked great, the fireplace was awesome, the bed, though not the best did its job, and the staff was very friendly. Just remember to bring a griddle, shampoo (they don't provide any), and some extra blankets. And don't put ice cream in the freezer. (Ours melted) One more thing, it didn't really bother me but, it is on a main road so u can hear the cars from the cabin.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Travelcustomer23
Torrance, California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We went up to Big Bear for a skiing weekend and wanted an inexpensive alternative to the large cabins so ubiquitous to the area. Our kids are grown and there were just two of us. Cozy Hollow Lodge was perfect for our purposes. We were able to rent a room with a bed, a bathroom, a fireplace, and a small refrigerator. This was the most inexpensive option without the motel feel. We selected a stand-alone cabin, which is a must if you don't want to share a wall with others. It was clean, cute, and, yes, cozy.

A couple of caveats--the office is open from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, so make arrangements if you plan to get in late. They are very accommodating in this respect and were able to get into our cabin at 10:30 pm when we arrived. The second issue--they didn't clean our room. We were only there for two nights, so this wasn't a big deal. I'm not sure how typical this is. But our room was clean when we arrived and it even smelled nice too. We would rent again from this property.

Room Tip: Select a stand-alone cabin. Some share walls with other rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed in units 1 and 2 combo with 2 kids. Plenty of space for 4. Kids loved the jacuzzi - used every night after skiing. Little but very functional kitchen. Was set for 2 people , but owners readily provide additional plates and utensils for us. Its warm, cozy and functional. Kids loved a small playground outside too. Friendly owners. Helped us book a right room for what we needed. It operates like a lodge, so cleaning and service by request. Overall, we loved it. And good deal for the price

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Riga2La
CHL14, Owner at Cozy Hollow Lodge, responded to this review, 29 March 2015
Thank You for your review. You covered every point I've tried to cover in my brief replies and I hope travelers take the time to read your response to you're stay. We strive to make every guest stay a memorable one.
Carlsbad, California, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I booked cabin #11 through Cozy Hollow Lodge site; which has pictures and descriptions of every cabin. The main things of importance to me in this particular trip were: cleanliness, rustic cabin, real wood fireplace, comfortable bed, hot shower water with good water pressure - all of which met my expectations! I shake my head at whatever negative comments that were placed regarding the owners and this property. If you want to be totally satisfied, do your homework and don't expect others to kiss your behind! Treat people with respect is the only way you deserve respect back. Assumptions are made regarding lack of items; did you even bother to ask so the owners could have the opportunity to accommodate? I am hoping to be able to come back and take advantage of the close proximity to so many places that I want to stroll to.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Cozy Hollow for the weekend and had a very cozy stay! We had cabin #6. It was a small but just right for a last-minute weekend getaway. The fireplace made the room really nice and comfortable. The location was pretty close to everything around Big Bear Lake. The only down side to this unit, and perhaps other units sharing a wall with another unit, is the noise level. You could hear the TV next door...you get the idea. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a stand alone cabin if you want some privacy.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple