“Cozy, Friendly and Efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Timber Haven Lodge

Timber Haven Lodge
Agoura, California
“Cozy, Friendly and Efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2006

The Timber Haven Lodge is exactly like how I would do it, if I moved to the mountains to run a lodge and get away from the big city, as did the architect couple who have made their lodge the perfect combination of authentic and well-designed, friendly, charming and efficient.

The spotlessly clean, perfectly-maintained rooms have a retro-, B&B cottage ambiance, along with thoughtful extra touches in the kitchen and bath, including unusual luxury bath products and blessedly thick towels. The owners could not have been more accomodating and helpful.

I hope to return to the Timber Haven Lodge, and would recommend it highly to anyone.

--- Phyllis. H, Agoura, Calif.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank agouraserene

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2006

I just got back from my stay at Timber Haven Lodge, and can't wait to go back for another visit. I stayed in one of the one bedroom cabins (#3) with my daughter, and we both found it very comfortable. The place was absolutely spotless and everything was in good repair.
The owners have given careful thought to both the decor and their customers' requirements. The cabins were small, standard fare, but much more well kept than most I saw when I drove around Big Bear Lake. The kitchen was fully equipped "down to the salt and pepper shakers," as one of the owners told me.
I like a firm bed, and this one did not disappoint me. The pillows and linens were wonderful, the towels plush. There was a lovely patio just outside my door--a great place to lounge with my continental breakfast. The outdoor jacuzzi looked inviting, but unfortunately the weather was too warm for me to try it out--next time!
The location is also quite good--the residential street is very quiet. The lake is about 3/4 mile away, and the National Forest is just a few doors down in the other direction. An after-breakfast walk in the National Park did wonders for my harried soul!
In summary, I would describe this family-run lodge as a cross between a bed and breakfast and rustic, comfortable cabins. I won't stay anywhere else when I return to Big Bear.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2006

I found the cottage I stayed in to be one of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in up in the Big Bear Lake area. I travel there almost every year to meet up with a bird-watching group for the weekend. June of 2004 I reserved a cottage at Timber Haven Lodge due to their enticing website. It looked very quaint and is located off the main drag giving more of a feeling of being in "the woods". Everything inside the cottage was fairly new if not brand new. The one bedroom cabin I had was quite roomy and there was no amenity amiss. The owners of Timber Haven were very friendly and helpful. The lodge is located in a tucked away residential area, which is unlike the other accomadations located all along the main road. Also, it was wonderful that there were plenty of birds on and around the property. This place was truly a haven. I will be staying there again this summer.

Stayed June 2004