“Great breakfast”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice for breakfast. The wait staff was very polite and cheerful...not easy to do at 0800! The food is plentiful and very tasty. My wife enjoyed the eggs benedict which were cooked perfectly. I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy one day and the corn beef hash on another. My children loved the texas french toast...even ate it without syrup! The only negative, and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5, is the price. Both breakfasts cost $50-$60 for my family of 4 (including the 20% tip). We did get clam chowder take out one night, and it was just ok. A lot of potatos and not many clams, however, the flavor was good and rich. Lastly, I definitely subscribe to the belief that an empty parking lot during prime eat times USUALLY indicates a poor restaurant. Log Cabin is one of the exceptions. It was never busy even though we were there at prime breakfast time, and the take out was on Friday night at 6 pm. I walked in ordered and paid within 10 minutes. They are located a bit outside the center village which may be the reason for low patronage. We are going to be return customers and you should too.

Las Vegas
“Never Disappoints!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We've been here several times and while it's not the hippest place nor the prettiest restaurant, the food is great and we enjoy sitting on the patio. Don!t let the the stinky restroom or the shabby interior scare you as the food here is excellent! The German food is excellent and the sandwiches are as good as I've had. Servers are always very nice. You will enjoy your food here!!

Los Angeles, California
“Home away from Home :>”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great service, staff and the food was yummy. Loved the decor and the country tunes playing in the background.

Visited June 2014
Big Bear Lake, California
“Good Food but pricey”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A long time ago, I used to eat here all the time when visiting Big Bear. On this trip, we were the only ones there (traveled during slow period now that I'm retired) and I loved the food and the friendly service. The food server was really nice and helpful and I ordered something vegetarian and my girlfriend had somekind of Eggs Benedict. Great food as I remembered it, but a little surprised this time by the price. A typical breakfast for two may run a little over $30.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Arnold T
Los Angeles
“Good for what it is...”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Ate breakfast here twice on a recent trip - its good for what it is - the breakfast menu is the usual short-order type - pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, etc. Also had some German influenced menu items for breakfast - Brautwurst, German sausage, German potato pancakes etc. More or less an IHOP or Denny's type of place but with a lot more charm - no chain affiliation either. Parking lot seemed to only have 5 spaces so may not always be easy to park there.

• Visited February 2014