“Rude staff, turned a good time into a miserable one, don't waste your time or money”

Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round family recreation area. The Alpine Slide attraction is California's only authentic bobsled ride. Take a scenic chairlift ride to the top, then hop on a specially designed sled and control your own speed down a 1/4 mile long track. In the summer enjoy our refreshing double Water Slide and in the winter tube on our Snow Play hill with Magic Carpet uphill lift. We also offer Go-Karts and an 18 hole miniature golf course. Our newly renovated building has plenty of indoor seating and an expanded snack bar. An outdoor patio, Water Slide deck and many grass areas allow for plenty of relaxing. Parents pay only if you play!
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My son bought a ticket and I wanted to buy the book of 5 rides for $20 .. They refused to let me exchange one ticket for the booklet .. Simple yet they turned it into rocket science.. Management doesn't speak English , rude, ignorant and I will never be back!

6  Thank Ambibambie

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We LOVE the speed of the toboggan run. It is a lot of fun and our kids constantly ask to go again, again, again, again, again, you get the picture. The sledding hill is a different story. It can get very crowded on the weekends and is a little pricy ($25/person), particularly if you have small children.

3  Thank California_Marcus
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Paid for 4 tickets with CASH (Big Bear is cash only) on January 11th. Although our 5 year old son could ride for free, we got him a ticket (25$ each), so he could have his own tube. After a few rides, his ticket fell off from the metal hook they installed on his pants, so we just put it in his pocket. No biggie. The guy with a very bad English, who works at the Covered Magic Carpet section, refused to let us go to the slide, demanding to get another ticket. It was 3:30pm and they close at 4pm. We said it's OK, we are almost done and showed him our tickets. He stopped the Magic Carpet, so my husband had to follow him and explain again why the ticket fell off. Seemed like they found a compromise and he let us go to the slide.

When it was our turn to use the Magic Carpet again, that same guy stopped the carpet (he operates it) and started demanding the new ticket (AGAIN!!!). And it was 3:45pm already. 15 minutes till they were suppose to close. You can imagine how angry we were. People behind us could not enter the carpet, because he closed the entrance and we could not go to the slide, because he was yelling that we had to see his supervisor. Almost ready to blow up, we left that carpet and went to the ticket office to replace that stupid ticket at 3:50pm.

After waiting in line (again) with a replaced ticket, we finally got on that Magic Carpet along with the other passengers and that dumb-head decides to purposely stop the machine! So you can imagine that all people standing on that carpet, would start falling, loosing their balance. It was 3:55pm.

We could go and see the supervisor and complain and etc, but it was the very first visit to the mountains for us as a family. I brought my father, who came from abroad, to show him the famous Californian Big Bear and just didn't want to ruin our moods and trip impressions.

But if you gonna come here, please beware that they don't care about their clients. More people would come, more money they'll make. The customer service is very very bad. The ATM lines are huge, the food is OK and it is really crowded.

8  Thank Shivneh
Reviewed 9 January 2014

It's been a few years to say the least since my last review of this place (see circa 2007 for winter time review) and not much has changed, except this time we visited during the summer months. This place still only accepts CASH and is still overall expensive having to pay for each thing individually...though you can buy 5 slides for a small discount. During the summer you can also do go-karts and mini golf (I mean mini as it's not that big). We passed this place on the way in and the kids saw it, so we promised we'd take them before we left the area. The only reason I give it 4 stars is because the kids and DH had a blast going as fast as they could down the slide. So don't get me wrong it is fun and entertaining, but short lived and expensive.

3  Thank francisfammem
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Had so much fun with the fam. Theres lots to do all times of the year. My son is 3 and had a blast going tubing and going down the bob sleds. Friendly staff

1  Thank Leanne B