“Cute and cozy!”

Timberline Lodge
Pomona, California
“Cute and cozy!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed there one night on vereran's day with my boyfriend. The studio cabin had a fireplace next to the bed, the room was stocked with firewood and starter logs you can purchase so you don't have to go out to get more if you run out. I loved the little porch with 2 chairs to just relax outside. The room had a refrigerator for our beverages and a microwave and coffeepot with cups. It was perfect for the price!!! The owner was very friendly and they have a VHS player in the room and there are about 100 VHS tapes in the lobby you can borrow as well as books. Also picnic tables and BBQ outside if you want to bbq. The lake is right across the street too. I will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Southern, Calif.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This facility has older accommodations with few amenities outside of a weak wifi. The beds are only OK and there is no air conditioning if it gets hot. The prices are very high for what you get. They are charging for the location the hotel is at rather than the hotel itself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great location and value. Leaves you money to do the great things in Big Bear and enjoy the better restaurants there. HOWEVER, you need to be 'flexible' in your taste. We happen to love staying in places that are comfortable and old-fashioned. Timberline reminded us of places we would stay on vacation with our folks. Especially loved the hand-painted walls that looked like wallpaper...beautiful! And the knotty pine walls and the fireplace were perfect. But, we learned that you leave the bathroom door open as no heat vent there!As long as you are not demanding the ultra modern...its a great value and charming little place to stay.

Room Tip: They are all satisfactory...depends on how many people are in your party
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dia P
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go on a weekend getaway for her birthday. We chose the Timberline Lodge based on other reviews and we were more than pleased. We stayed in cabin 8, which had everything from pots and pans to extra blankets and pillows. My wife and I had packed blankets, pots, and some silverware just in case. Cabin was very clean, spacious and included a wood burning fireplace (they even have 2 bundles of wood in the cabin and if you use them;they just charge you!). We were very pleased with the cabin, the location, and we didn't even here any neighbors. The next time we get away it will be at this place!

• Stayed October 2013
Amargosa Valley, Nevada
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The cabin was bigger than I though it would be. Nice and clean, no musty smells. Has a view of the lake. Cozy little place and although it's right the main drag, it's quiet after 10:00 pm. Makes for some good sleeping. WiFi was good in our cabin, but I didn't try any other locations around the place. The bed was comfortable, but it could use an upgrade, it had a tendency to bounce a little when you or your spouse moved.

The owner called me on my cell at 1:00 pm. and let me know we could go ahead and check-in if we wanted to. We had just ordered lunch at Carl's Jr. down the road a bit. When we finished our lunch, we went over and checked in. That was great and awfully nice of him to call! Otherwise we were going to have to kill time until 4:00 pm.

I would recommend this place to anyone who's going up to Big Bear. It's easy to find, is just a short distance from the lake, and food is also on the same road. Boulder Bay Park is nice, and you can rent kayak's nearby and launch from there if you like.

Room Tip: The king size bed cabin are closest to the pool and street. There is little to no noise from street...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cliff P
Northridge, CA
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stay here every September for our group dog camp. Fendi is always welcoming and accommodating. Most cabins have full refrigerators and stove and microwaves along with dishes, pots and pans and utensils. We always prepare food in our cabin. Timberline captures the feel of Big Bear. We enjoy our time here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Fallbrook, Ca.
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I don't know how I missed it because I check all reviews on places that I book, but somehow this one slipped past my radar. The cabin was so filthy that my stomach turned. I couldn't allow my Grandkids to touch anything, the smell was yukky, like old dirt, sweat, food. There was visible dirt on everything, the switch plates, the fridge handle, the edges and corners of floors. There was a smear of jam or blood right above the switch plate by the front door. Can you imagine the germs and disgusting stuff that you can't see!!!??? The furniture was sooo sad looking, so old, grey and dirty. The comforters looked like they hadn't been washed in months, never mind the ugly 70's style. The carpet was so gross, wavy and ancient, and so dirty that it was a dark ugly dirty color and had a stench coming off of it. The manager was nice about the whole thing and tried to get me into another cabin, but it was almost as dirty. That same damaged filthy carpet... I hate leaving a bad review, I'm not that hard to please, but this was a major inconvenience for me since I had 2 little kids with me. I had a hard time getting another place on such short notice. They definitely need to hire a deep cleaning service, buy new carpet and furniture.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family