The Alpenhorn is a very quaint B&B with great service close to the Village (about 5 blocks). You are greeted warmly by the proprietor, Linda, when you arrive and shown your room and the property. The 5pm appetizers with wine were very nice. Linda made these delicious little puff pastries stuffed with feta cheese, along with fruits and vegetables, cheese and crackers.
The breakfasts were our favorite part. The first morning we were served warm vegetable and cheese quiche, along with granola, fresh fruit and steel cut oatmeal topped with caramelized bananas.
Our second morning we were treated to french toast with fresh berry syrup, thick slices of smoked bacon, granola, yogurt and fresh fruit.
The only slight downsides to this B&B were:
1) The bed in our columbine room was a little too hard for our taste
2) The first night we got in, we were under the impression that Linda had made us reservations at the Peppercorn, but for some reason they did not have our reservation so Linda booked at at the Evergreen instead, which turned out t be good.
Overall I would recommend this B&B for a nice romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evelyn and I became the new Innkeepers on 6/22/2016. We welcome you to the Alpenhorn Bed & Breakfast Inn located in spectacular Big Bear Lake just blocks from Snow Summit, the lake and the village. Elegant, but informal this B&B has private decks, fireplaces, and seven-jet spa tubs for two and a tranquil garden. Gourmet breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres, after dinner snacks and chocolates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenhorn b&b
- Alpenhorn Hotel Big Bear Lake