“clean but in need of upgrades” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Big Bear

Motel 6 Big Bear
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
sylmar
“clean but in need of upgrades”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I book a room that was advertise as a double queens and got really double full size, the mattresses are really in need of replacement (bowed in the middle),linen, blankets are so worn thin that they do not keep you warm thank God the heater worked and the pillows are so old they give your head and neck no support. The TV is of the 1980 model, But it was clean and everything in the bathroom worked, the staff was nice and helpful, the rates were cheap,but the next time I come to visit Big Bear I will stay at a better place

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Joshua Tree
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

A good friend of mine and I were in Big Bear for a three-day weekend from October 11 to the 14th, 2013.
Check-in was simple. We found out that it was Oktoberfest in Big Bear and the motel was totally sold out. No wonder, since it was right across the street from the venue. On Saturday there were no parking spots left at the motel, so we just parked on the street. There were no parking issues on any of the other days of our stay. The motel is located in a nice area and the weather was beautiful.
We did have a few small problems during our stay: Upon arrival the room really smelled of cigarette smoke. It either wasn't always a non-smoking room or it just needed a good air freshening (spray of scent killer to all surfaces). The shower regularly dripped heavily - I put a towel on the floor of the shower and it was quieter. When we returned to the motel on Sunday evening, our room had not had maid service - we contacted the manager and he was not eager to make sure the room was serviced (it was quitting time for the housekeepers).
Motel 6 is the best value in Big Bear Lake. Even though we had a few problems on this visit, we'll definitely return.

Room Tip: The highway runs along the north side of the motel - other rooms will be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Some of the essentials when choosing or finding an hotel are, simplicity of booking, cleanliness, ease of parking etc
M6 Big Bear meets all of those criteria..
We had two dogs and made a last minute decision to stay in the mountains for the Saturday night instead of returning to the heat of the desert.

We were very comfortable and even contemplated a second night but were prevented by other commitments.
Recommended

Room Tip: We asked for an got a ground floor drive up room - worked for us
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David82605
Avalon, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Across the street from the lake, and a very nice park right there on the lake, this property is close to restaurants and lake activities. The Motel is very basic...bed, bath, functional TV, but it was clean and quiet. It is doggie friendly, with lots of walking area. The area around the parking lot, however, needs to be cleaned of weeds and trash. We did find ants in the bathroom. The staff gave us a can of odorless spray, and that took care of them. Additionally, they gave us a nice partial refund because of the ants. For a place to stay without bells and whistles, this is good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool/courtyard...away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Nevada City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed at motel 6 in Big Bear mid week in early May, the off season. The motel was priced reasonably, it was quiet and the beds were comfortable. I was traveling with my dog, so I needed a place that could accommodate her. Hardly the lap of luxury, small rooms, but a nice, comfortable, clean, basic room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

First of all I'm in the business, so I have a different perspective then a regular traveler. I was not impressed. My family of 4 (2 young boys , mom and myself) came to B.B. for a nice weekend away. The nicest thing I can say is that the hotel is right in front of the tubing place so that was nice, unfortunately there was no way to get there except to walk thru the snow to my shins, (or up to my 4 yr olds thighs) or u can walk on the busy street, again with my 2 little boys that wasn't the safest route. The bed was ok, the "comforter" if that's what you can call the paper thin cover on top was no good and considering this is a SNOW resort it was cold. The heat was either super hot or super cold. The tv was a dinosaur, and our remote didn't work. We had to pay for wifi that u had to keep putting the code in which was a huge pain while entertaining the kids with Netflix. No breakfast, the coffee was ok, the hot water was not hot. The bathroom floor was really slippery, I slid into thr bathroom everytime I went in. no safe, and the amount of snow & ice in the parking lot & sidewalks is a lawsuit waiting to happen. When we pulled in a police car had someone pulled over n had trouble getting in (not their fault) overall it was a place to sleep nothing more. Again I work front desk so I tend to be alot easier on complaints etc but we should have rented the room $20 cheaper up the road even with their bad reviews. I wouldn't go back, and I wouldn't recommend it. The front desk staff was nice though.

• Stayed March 2013
Fullerton, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Starting with the price. Around $96 per night for a room during weekends. No microwave, no coffee maker in the room, no free WiFi. Oldest TV set I have seen lately. Towels were cheap and old. Far from the Village. Try to stay away from it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple