“Bring back the old ballycross shop! Not toys!”

Ballycross Apple Farm
east
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Bring back the old ballycross shop! Not toys!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Having visited ballycross apple farm today, after a year I was very disappointed! The whole atmosphere of the place has changed, for the worse I regret to say! No homemade jams,breads,scones etc etc! Instead the family have turned the whole shop area into a toy shop!(with overly expensive toys I must add!) we travelled a long way today and I had planned on bringing home loads of homemade produce, I left with a bottle of Apple juice and nothing else!!! I won't be returning as the "old" ballycross has clearly gone and instead there is a toy/nik nac shop!

6 Thank hotelstayerEast

Wexford, Ireland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an autumnal afternoon”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I love Ballycross! I go here every autumn to see the animals, browse the gift shop and taste some juicey apples. The best part about Ballycross is that it is actually free to enter and visit. It's a little bit out of the way, located near Bridgetown, Co. Wexford but it is worth the trip to see the pigs, goats, donkeys, ponys, pigs, geese, et. al. The farm also has small coffee shop which is my only real complaint about this lovely place - the coffee is awful. Twice in the last few weeks I have been and sat down with a lovely waffle and a coffee and twice I have enjoyed said waffle but twice dumped the coffee after a mouthful. The farm has great potential to draw people for their tasty bites and exudes attention to detail throughout the farm so I can not understand why the do not serve such mucky coffee. But all in all, it's a great place... particularly coming up to Hallowe'en.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank TheWexican
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

Me and my family went to ballycross apple farm on the mid term break.It is a nice place to walk around the trails are a bit mucky so you should bring your wellies. The waffles are very nice here. My mam thought the apples are very nice. The only thing that wasn't great is that you got to walk down a road with cars driven and they should clean the tables more. But it's a nice place

1 Thank Nebdad
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Apples apples”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Waited for months and finally I was there. Everyone is friendly, include horses, rabbits and pigs :P Feed them with apple is some experience for me :P I went on the yellow farm trail, nice walk, not too difficult at all. Appreciate the farm open the trail to the public and effort for building the bridges for the trail! Thank you for making this available! - PS Apple Juice yumyum

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mshahaha
Kildare
“Excellent Irish Apple Juices”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Definately worth checking out their selection of Irish fruit and vegetable juices. We have been serving them in the Chameleon Restaurant, Temple Bar for many years now and they are well received by our customers and always consistently delicious.