“Historic Motel”
Review of Big Pine Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Big Pine
Big Pine Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Big Pine
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Historic Motel”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The motel is probably from the 1950s, but it is nicely painted, has a cute gazebo, and the rooms are clean and nicely done. Beds are comfortable. The friendly Rossi Restaurant is a couple of blocks north.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

A typical USA motel from the hotel, we were struggling for a place to stay and this was one of 3 in town.Really glad we picked it. The lady on reception was lovely.The room was clean and perfectly adequate and it was really reasonably priced.Nice clean bathroom with shower.Fridge.TV.Good parking. Quiet too!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sussexmicropub
Oxford
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stopped here on my way from Death Valley to Yosemite. When I saw the outside of this place, my heart sank because it looked so run down and I expected the worst from the room. However, although the decor was minimal and the electrical fittings antique, the room was perfectly clean and the bed was comfortable. The owner was helpful, with suggestions for local restaurants, actually I think there was only one real option in the town! The fridge and coffee machine worked. The air conditioner worked but was incredibly noisy, but I always have to turn them off before sleeping anyway. I'm giving it a "very good" rather than "average" because I could easily believe it's the best option in the area, and reasonable value - my room was $65.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris S
Alameda, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is my first stay at this motel and to my surprise, although it was very old, it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I had to call a few times before the front desk answered the phone. We liked spaciousness of Room 6 with two beds. The room had a small refrigerator but no microwave. No hair dryer in the room but we did not ask for one at the desk. The free wifi was very slow and stopped working during part of the stay. The A/C worked well but it was a bit loud especially while sleeping. Housekeeping service was very good and provided extra towels as we needed them. The outside grassy area with BBQ was very nice. The Food Mart at the Chevron Station had good breakfast burritos that can be ordered for pick up. The Mobil station across the street had a convenience store that had sandwiches, snacks, firewood, and other handy items if we were camping. The view of the Sierra's was wonderful. We would return to this place if we were traveling through again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chrisy8
Redlands, California
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My son and I were on a hiking trip into the Sierras and used this as a base for sleeping, showers and as a base for nearby restaurants for something to eat. It was 100+ degrees in the Owens Valley, but the wall unit air conditioner unit worked well and had us nice and chilly in the room thru the night. It was clean, it had a nice wall mounted tv screen, a small refrigerator and microwave. It was very basic brown carpet, but one of the cheapest hotels (price-wise) I've been in years. I was going to rate it a 3, just based on the package, but considering other hotels I've been to in the area and what they offer for a substantially greater cost, the convenience of this hotel to the Palisades, I decided to up the rating to a 4. I will definitely use this as a base for future outings in the Sierras.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
LA
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Quaint motel. Center courtyard has games, fountains, gazebo & fire pit. Rooms- clean, NOT fancy, but comfortable. Will use in future. Awesome to sit outside at sunset. Right off freeway, but quiet atmosphere. Quiet good night’s rest for weary travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JOY v
Chicago
Reviewed 10 October 2012

A review should evaluate a place in comparison to what is promised. When every room (at double the prices) in Bishop was filled (except for some VERY sketchy place that did not seem to be a genuine "Rodeway" something or other), we backtracked to Big Pine. (Let's give thanks to internet phones.) They had one room left and were closing. The guy stayed extra late waiting for us. The room was VERY basic, although it had fine wi-fi and was very clean.

Sure, it was like an older country motel -- not comparable to a "W" hotel in Chicago, but seriously...this is Big Pine (a very small town in a fairly remote area.) For what it was and where: clean rooms, wi-fi, seventy bucks ...that gets a five rating from me.

And that restaurant just down the street? Well, you could call it sad or you could call it charming. It was like totally from the 1940's -- no, not retro-STYLE, but actually, JUST LIKE IT MUST HAVE BEEN IN THE 1940's. That's not necessarily a bad thing ... lots of interesting old pictures, even a live piano player. The food quality was about a B PLUS -- not that bad. For us, it was kind of a quaint experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#15 of 20 in Bishop
Vagabond Inn Bishop
Vagabond Inn Bishop
#3 of 20 in Bishop

Been to Big Pine Motel? Share your experiences!