“Food is good”

Imperial Gourmet Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Trondheim, Norway
“Food is good”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We ordered 4 traditional Chinese dishes. All were good - vegetables ordered separately as well. Food could have been hotter (less cold).
Service was swift and excellent although we are not used to being asked about ID when ordering beer at the age of 27. Thus the meal was delayed as we had to get the passport - I guess we just have to adapt to this US way of regulation enforcement.

Furniture a bit worn.

Informal and friendly atmosphere and not expensive.
I will recommend this place - as one of the best we found in Bishop this Christmas/New year.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Laguna Beach, California, United States
“Best Chinese restaurant ANYWHERE.”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had dined here a while back, alone. I don't know why I stopped here as Chinese food isn't what I usually eat on a road trip. I was in awe at the quality of both the food and service. Last year I took my partner who was a little weary. I promised him the best Chinese food on the planet. From the first bite he was hooked. So since last year we've said on occasion, "can't wait to dine at Imperial Gourmet when we go back up to Bishop next year. And so we did. Our annual road trip up the Owens Valley for the New Year holiday. We enjoyed not one but two meals on two consecutive nights. It really is that good. That FRESH. And don't forget to order the Sesame Beef. Outrageous.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Geoff G
Santa Barbara, California
“Not Bad, and These Folks Try Hard”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went here with some trepidation and were pleasantly surprised. The food ranged from average to good. We especially liked the orange chicken, which was just tad spicy in a good way, not as candy-sweet as some restaurants make it, and a vegetable dish that was fine. The people were pleasant, and the service was fast and efficient, even during a very busy time, including the seating of a large tour group. I was impressed. I would eat here again while in Bishop.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank speriam0
Thousand Oaks, California
“Satisfy your craving for Chinese food in Bishop”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We've been to this restaurant a few times now over the years, and it really depends on what you order. We have had some dishes that were very bland, but finally discovered that the 'Sesame Chicken' and especially the 'Orange Flavored Beef' are incredibly delicious- so that is what we order every time now! The decor is nice, the servers are prompt and courteous, but the prices seem a bit high. Overall, though, this is a great place to satisfy your craving for Chinese food while in Bishop! Great central location, too.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank miserablehappycrazy
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Chinese in the Eastern Sierra”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

On the way home from a fishing trip, a friend and I were passing through Bishop, California. We were looking for a nice lunch place and my friend likes Chinese food. I reluctantly agreed to try the Imperial gourmet on main street.

Boy, was I surprised! I was looking for a vegetarian meal and the restaurant served a wonderful vegetable dish with tea and rice that was really good. Service was outstanding and the meal was reasonably priced. I would definitely eat at the Imperial Gourmet in the future when passing through Bishop.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank stein525

Been to Imperial Gourmet Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!