So, before I go into details, let's set some context: it's a motel in a very remote area where lodging is scarce during high climbing season. Anywhere else, this would be a 1-star review.
- clean room, looks like it was renovated
- decent beds and linen
- good location
- Teachings of Buddha instead of Bible - kind of cool, just for a change
- dark (as in, no light!) shower space with broken showerhead
- stuffy room, only source of air is AC (more on that below)
- deafening loud AC! I mean, really. So noisy you have to speak up to talk over it!
- breakfast so bad that I wish they didn't include it. I know "continental breakfast" means "barely any food: cereal, toast, egg and maybe some fruit", but in Elms it is cereal, toast... and that's it! We didn't even waste our time there and went out for breakfast
- $95 for a double room?!..
So overall, this is a pretty sad place. That said, if you're looking for lodging during high season, you probably realized already that there's not much to choose from, and it's all expensive...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Bishop, California, the Elms Motel is 2.5 miles from Bishop Eastern Sierra Regional Airport. Featuring an American continental breakfast, this motel has rooms with private bathrooms and free Wi-Fi. Cable TV is included in each simply furnished room at Bishop Elms Motel. All of the rooms have tea and coffee-making facilities. A hairdryer is provided. Fresh coffee, orange juice, milk, pastries, toast with jam and cold cereals are the main continental breakfast items offered daily. A 24-hour front desk is available at Bishop Elms Motel California. Guests can enjoy the sunshine on the large private picnic area, which has a covered table and chairs. BBQ facilities are also available. Paiute Palace Casino is 2.5 miles from this motel. Featuring all-day dining, Whiskey Creek At Bishop serves American cuisine just a 5-minute walk away from the motel. Its menu includes steak, seafood and a variety of cocktails. Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8 for a two-person trip. This property is also rated for the best value in Bishop! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language and welcome climbers, fisherman and families! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Elms Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.