“Who Woulda Thought ?”

The Back Alley Bowl and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Back Alley Bowl and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend & I went to this place by default as we were staying in the motel next door and it happened to be one of the rare nights that it was raining in town and we didn't want to get soaked. We were both surprised by how crowded the restaurant was and now we know why...they pour a great drink and both the quality of the food and the quantity of the portions were great. The waitress was very friendly and efficient. I had a HUGE ribeye steak special which was incredible and I can't write enough about how surprised I was in finding this hidden spot located in a small town bowling alley !!! I look forward to coming back and trying again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We are Bishop locals. My wife works at a local bank and I work at a nearby hotel. We eat at the back Alley oftern and I must send 10 tables of people to you per day from the hotel. Tonight, we came to see them for dinner as we have so many times before. We waited patiently to be seated, but eventually sat ourselves. The waitress, who has been there for some time was doing the best she could but we could see she was a bit frustrated despite her efforts not to show it. I ordered the swordfish, my wife ordered the prime rib medium well end cut and our daughter ordered the steak and shrimp, medium well. Our food was slow coming out, but good things are worth the wait. What we received was not worth the wait. My swordfish was bad. I mean stinky, rotten horrible, wouldn't feed it to a stray cat spoiled. It had to be obvious to the kitchen staff. My wife received a beautiful rare mid-cut of prime rib. Unfortunatley, not what she ordered. When her end-cut came, it was inedible. Her knife literally bounced off the thick layer of fat and grissle. We pointed this out to the waitress, who went to the kitchen and told them of the situation. She then left the dining room. We waited quite some time and eventually threw down some money to cover our drinks and left. We passed the waitress in the parking lot on our way out. She seemed very upset and I believe she was on the phone. We went to Yamatani for a great dinner. I don't know when we will be back. I know I can no longer recommend you to my patrons in good conscience.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This unassuming location is actually very adept at providing great food. Despite being very busy because of a local event we had an enjoyable meal. Yes it was no frills but the quality of the steak dinner was as good as many so called top restaurants weve eaten at. The team were stretched on the night we ate there but they took time to ensure we were happy with our meal and well watered.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you want to watch football in Bishop-this place is it. The food is about Denny's quality but they have some decent beers available. It's loud because it's IN A BOWLING ALLEY.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is a good place to eat, and a fun place to take the family. The food is so much better than you'd expect at a bowling alley, and as a matter of fact, it would be tasty enough to stand on it's own in a regular, committed restaurant! Large portions, reasonable prices, good menu selection. Friendly service, too. We will definitely be back on future trips through Bishop!

Been to The Back Alley Bowl and Grill? Share your experiences!