“Hidden in plain sight.....Best breakfast in town” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Village Cafe
Ranked #27 of 60 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Desert, California
“Hidden in plain sight.....Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I wanted to try someplace "new" coming home from Mammoth so, after checking out TA, this place popped-up......What a great spot !!! You won't see it unless you're looking for it which explains why its mostly locals enjoying being there. The portions are huge, the service is super-friendly and the breakfast items are soooo tasty. I had two-eggs, sausage patty (1/3 of the plate), hashrowns (piled high) with biscuit & gravy.......After being scolded by my wife over what I ordered.....I proceeded to "attempt" to eat it all....No way......Too much food !!! My wife had the 1/2 frittata with a side of fruit which she loved but was way too healthy for me !!! I am so glad to have "discovered" this place !!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank WallyGator92260

Reno, Nevada
“Delicious breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We had an excellent breakfast this morning at the village cafe! It is a quaint little place serving delicious food. We had the blueberry pancake special and the ole frittata and it was more than enough food at a very reasonable price. Superb service from the very friendly staff. It's the best in town and we can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Katie P
Bishop, California
“One of the best kept secrets in Bishop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

Being off the main drag, makes it a bit less visited by non-locals, but the locals love this place. By far the best breakfast/brunch spot in Bishop -- in fact, that is their specialty. The many offerings include the most enormous and amazing French toast I've ever had! Unless you're *really* hungry, I'd suggest the half order.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BishopTim
los angeles
“Best breakfast in Bishop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

We go to Bishop often. We have eaten in most of the restaurants around. This one is a little hard to find, being at the north side of town. It is located in a converted house with a crooked floor. This definitely adds to the charm. It would by no means be considered fancy or stuffy. It just has great food, cooked to order, that never disappoints.
Their corned beef hash is wonderful as is their huevos rancheros. Try this one next time if you like local finds that stand out.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank hotelman29
Riverside, California
“A Wonderful Little Discovery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

I saw a review saying this is the best breakfast in Bishop. I would have to agree wholeheartedly! The restaurant is small & located on a side street, but nevertheless it was surrounded by cars and fairly full of patrons. We were traveling north and had already looked unsuccessfully for breakfast in Lone Pine and Big Pine, so by the time we found this cafe it was almost noon. We were delighted to discover they serve breakfast all day. They specialize in frittatas, and will gladly make substitutions or special orders. I requested vegetables & cheddar, and it was wonderful-- filled with grilled onions, bell peppers, and chopped avocado. Perfect! Oh, most of the menu items can be ordered in 1/2 portions, which is still a lot of food. The 1/2 portion was more than I could eat. With my frittata I received hash browns and biscuits & gravy (a very tasty mild flavor). Overall, this was a great find. We will definitely stop again next time we're traveling through Bishop. (PS: there was a very yummy-looking freshly-baked apple pie sitting on the counter...)

2 Thank Julie N