“A find”

The Village Cafe
Ranked #27 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The Village Cafe is a find in every sense. We needed a hand made map from our hotel clerk to locate it as it is a bit challenging to find. The service was excellent and the food--we had breakfast--delicious. If you like to eat away from chain restaurants, and have a sense of being in a place, this restaurant delivers. It is unpretentious in the best way. I rated the atmosphere as "excellent" as it is classic small town. The portions are very large, so arrive hungry.

2  Thank S L

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I wanted to try someplace "new" coming home from Mammoth so, after checking out TA, this place popped-up......What a great spot !!! You won't see it unless you're looking for it which explains why its mostly locals enjoying being there. The portions are huge, the service is super-friendly and the breakfast items are soooo tasty. I had two-eggs, sausage patty (1/3 of the plate), hashrowns (piled high) with biscuit & gravy.......After being scolded by my wife over what I ordered.....I proceeded to "attempt" to eat it all....No way......Too much food !!! My wife had the 1/2 frittata with a side of fruit which she loved but was way too healthy for me !!! I am so glad to have "discovered" this place !!!

1  Thank WallyGator92260
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We had an excellent breakfast this morning at the village cafe! It is a quaint little place serving delicious food. We had the blueberry pancake special and the ole frittata and it was more than enough food at a very reasonable price. Superb service from the very friendly staff. It's the best in town and we can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Katie P
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Being off the main drag, makes it a bit less visited by non-locals, but the locals love this place. By far the best breakfast/brunch spot in Bishop -- in fact, that is their specialty. The many offerings include the most enormous and amazing French toast I've ever had! Unless you're *really* hungry, I'd suggest the half order.

1  Thank BishopTim
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We go to Bishop often. We have eaten in most of the restaurants around. This one is a little hard to find, being at the north side of town. It is located in a converted house with a crooked floor. This definitely adds to the charm. It would by no means be considered fancy or stuffy. It just has great food, cooked to order, that never disappoints.
Their corned beef hash is wonderful as is their huevos rancheros. Try this one next time if you like local finds that stand out.

3  Thank hotelman29