“Chocolate chip shortbread cookies! ”

Erick Schat's Bakkery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Bishop
Cuisines: American, Dutch, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Southern California, United States
“Chocolate chip shortbread cookies! ”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, the breads are fabulous, but I just discovered the Chocolate chip shortbread cookies and now I'm hooked! They will forever be at the top of my Schat's list!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Padua, Italy
“Refreshing sandwiches”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was driving towards Death Valley so i needed something light and refreshing: their fresh sandwiches were the perfect solution, tasteful and made in front of me.

• Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Lunch..dog friendly patio, awesome place!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were heading up to Tahoe from San Diego and wanted to stop for lunch...lo and behold, here's Bishop Ca! Started looking for a restaurant with patio so we could have our 2 little dogs with us and the rest is history! We had a lovely, amazing lunch, then browsed around the shop and bought a bunch of yummy stuff...The cheesy bread is absolutely to die for...do not leave without grabbing a loaf, you will not regret it! The pastries were amazing, too! Can't wait til we can do another road trip up that way to eat at Schat's Bakkery again!

• Visited May 2014
Joshua Tree, California
“I Always Stop Here When in the Eastern Sierras”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great variety of baked goods--I don't know how they do it! I do not eat in the restaurant if I know it will be busy; instead, I bring sandwich fixings, buy some fresh bread, and have a picnic in the park right across the street.

Schat's is full of tourists (like me!) on weekends and holidays, so make sure you check your sourpuss attitude at the door. Graciously ignore the impolite elbows as you make your way through the crowded bakery and save a smile for the hard-working staff when you check-out.

The parking can be frustrating in the bakery parking lot on a busy weekend--but here's a GREAT tip: Park across the street at the city park if Schat's is busy, and you'll save yourself a lot of irritation. There's a traffic light, crosswalk, and plenty of parking--even if you're pulling a trailer. Plus, if you're traveling with kids, pets, or old folks, everyone can comfortably get out of the car and stretch their legs. There's even a dog park at the far end of the park.

• Visited July 2014
Orange, California, United States
“We always stop here when driving thru Bishop”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place has the best breads, baked goods, gelato, sandwiches - they put out samples for you to try so you can find out for yourself what they have. We love the Russian Raisin Pecan bread but have tried other kinds and never been disappointed. Also love their pastries of all kinds - they make adorable cookies, too, which make great presents. Well worth the stop and if it's hot, be sure to grab a scoop or two of their gelato - yum, yum! Soooo good!

Visited July 2014

Been to Erick Schat's Bakkery? Share your experiences!