“Excellent Bakery - Have stopped many times”

Erick Schat's Bakkery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Bishop
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Erik Schat's Bakery is excellent. We seem to always stop to get some bread and cookies when we are in Bishop at Erick Schat's Bakery. IT is so good - It is one of the best bakeries around so well worth the time to stop if you want to stock up for that Eastern Sierra vacation trip. Service is nice; as it is popular, parking lot can be full at times. In those cases, try to find street parking nearby.

There are newer reviews for Erick Schat's Bakkery

Reviewed 21 July 2014

A stop at Schat's Bakkery is a must for anyone travelling through Bishop on 395 and is oftentimes a highlight of the drive. Back in the day they were famous amongst local fishermen and outdoor enthusiasts for their sheepherder bread and cinnamon rolls. With the growth in traffic thanks to the increasing popularity of Mammoth they have since expanded to include a plethora of delicious homemade breads, sandwiches, and desserts. Regardless of whether I'm there in time for a breakfast pastry or sandwich, I never leave without a loaf of the local chileano cheese bread. The inside is usually packed, and if there's no outdoor seating available consider taking your sandwich across the street to the park and perhaps saving a crust for the well-fed ducks at the pond.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Packed to the gills with baked goodies. Sour dough bread to die for. I had a fruit tort the was excellent and the custard was do creamy and light! My hubby had a marvelous apple fritter. You just have yo go here!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Everything we had here (bread, breakfast croissants with egg & ham, pastries, and sandwiches, even drip coffee) was simply outstanding. Tasty, yummy, made with care. This bakery is excellent - I wish I lived closer! Only gripe: Calling it "bakkery", with a diacritic above the "y." Now that's just silly!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, the breads are fabulous, but I just discovered the Chocolate chip shortbread cookies and now I'm hooked! They will forever be at the top of my Schat's list!

Been to Erick Schat's Bakkery? Share your experiences!