“Convenient location in Bishop.”

La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Fresno, California
“Convenient location in Bishop.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The La Quinta Inn in Bishop is right on the main drag in Bishop. It is close to restaurants, shops, and Schat's bakery (famous for Sheepherders Bread). The hotel's going through some upgrades, my room had a hole in the wall for TV and Internet, but it wasn't a problem. It's a good place for an overnight, I stayed here on my way to Las Vegas, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
lq6046gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank for the review. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
So California, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the LQ in Bishop, CA. This hotel is conveniently located in central Bishop, within close walking distance to several restaurants. This hotel is just finishing a renovation cycle with a little bit of the outside landscaping remaining. Nice value for Bishop: We have certainly paid more and received less at other properties.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq6046gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I are very pleased you enjoued your stay here at the LaQuinta Inns & Suites Bishop! We are going to be renovating our lobby hopefully starting next month we know that you will love the look after we are done with it. Please come back and see us soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stopped into the La Quinta after taking a 2 week road trip. A concert was being held and we had not made a reservation ahead of time but was able to get a suite so we took it. We arrived on my brand new Spyder Can Am and had my antenna broken off while parked in the lot. The room was very nice but the experience of what happened to my bike is very upsetting.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq6046gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for the review! Sorry about your antenna it is very safe here in Bishop someimes there are people that do things that are just mean. I hope that you come back to Bishop soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

So we were travelling from Phoenix to Bishop via Las Vegas..About 60 miles out of Vegas, we had car trouble (a flat tire which shouldnt be a problem but the mechanic who had serviced our van messed up the lock nut, so we could not get the flat tire off). We were stuck with a flat tire at about 3:30 pm in the middle of the desert on 95 heading to Bishop. It took us almost 3.5 hours before we could get the tire fixed and head out of Beatty NV to Bishop. In the meantime, because we did not know if we would be able to get the tire fixed that evening and get to the hotel on time, my husband called the hotel to figure out options in case we could not get there. The person on duty told us that she did not have the authority to cancel and we would have to talk with the manager the next morning when we got there. We left it at that, figured if we get the tire fixed we can go there, if not we head back to Vegas, stay the night somewhere and then talk to the manager. So when we got the tire fixed and we headed out of Beatty, NV it was about 8 pm. We were travelling with 2 kids as well as my parents and had 2 rooms at this Inn. The road to get to Bishop was through the mountains and pretty winding.. About 20 miles to Bishop, my little one was carsick.. had to stop in the mountains in the dark and get her and the car cleaned as best as we could. After all this, we get to the inn and the same lady we had spoken with earlier, who said she cannot cancel, tells my husband that she cancelled the rooms and sold one so now we only had 1 room. This is at almost 10:30 or 11 pm at night, after driving all day from 7 am!! My husband was still calm about it.. there wasnt much we could do, I started calling other places to see if we can get another room, which we did about 2 blocks from this place. The attendent at the hotel said she can provide us extra bedding to sleep but frankly there wasnt much room on the floor in a room with a king bed for 3 extra people to sleep. She did seem sorry and apologized, so I told her that we were upset and I didnt want to talk right now, with a sick child in the car and it being so late. And that we were going to get another room in a different hotel, while my parents slept here. I asked her for a bottle of water for my parents room. She said ok and left. We got my parents settled and went to the other hotel. Get there and my husband gets a call from La QUinta manager saying that his employee is upset and crying and that we were rude and he has us on camera and he was going to call the cops. We had to go back since my parents were still there...this guy - the manager didnt seem to know all the facts..dont know if he was drunk and says to us that he has to take care of his employees too.. what about his customers when it is an employee's fault. I explained to him what had happened and he says to us that he doesnt believe our car was stuck on 95 coz he passed 95 "yesterday" and didnt see any van with a flat tire.. and he went on to say how could we have still made it to the hotel if we were stuck! I had all the recipts from AAA as well as the garage we got the tire replaced from!! He was annoyed that we booked a second room in another hotel and kept telling us he will charge us for the 2nd room in his hotel..When we asked him that there is no second room, he checks with his employee and finds out that the hotel is all booked out.. dont know what the employee told him- she was probably scared becoz she made a mistake. and on top of all this the manager had the nerve to tell us that since only my parents are staying there, make sure that the whole family does not show up for the free breakfast they offer in the morning!! As though we would!! Instead of apologizing for the mistake made by his employee, he asks the customer to apologize to the employee because she is crying!!!! We were driving all day with kids, didnt cancel our rooms, reach an unknown little town at 11 pm and get this kind of service!! I'm sure if we hadnt shown up they would have charged us and probably sold the rooms to someone else to to get double! ANd he was upset that we were staying in a competitor's hotel and not his or his dad's Days Inn in the same town which btw had no rooms either!! Will never recommend this hotel to anyone!! Do not expect any kind of customer service!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sometraveller2014
lq6046gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.
I am so sorry that you had experienced car trouble and experienced the problem at the hotel but I personally talked to staff and I can assure that this does not happen again. It was very unfortunate that it had come down to pointing fingers. We do appreciate the feedback but in there scenario this is was just confusion on both parties.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities.

Travellers are raving about these Bishop hotels

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I read reviews elsewhere how this place was remodeled or refurbished. Not our carpet or hall carpet! Filthy carpets, olde furniture and the air conditioner was inconsistent.

Parts of the place appeared it was under construction for some time.

Breakfast? A joke. Only eggs they had were hard boiled. No other eggs or breakfast meat.

Would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
lq6046gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We are sorry that you had experienced a problem with your carpet. Since then we have shampoo and cleaned them. We will be renovating at the end of the year. Please come back and see us when it is done.
charleston,illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in the LaQuinta in Bishop, CA and were treated with respect and dignity (especially the young man). The breakfast was excellent. It is a place we would recommend to stay only on the weekdays when you can get a fair price. All the hotels in town gouge people on the weekends at least 33 percent higher than the weekdays. People in front of us and behind us got charded $140-150 dollars for a 98 dollar AARP room on the weekdays. There were no special events going on. I am guessing this is the situation during the high season for Yosemite and the surrounding area. Even though, we managed to get a fair price for the second day(Fri.), there is no reason to do what LaQuinta and the other hotels do to people on the weekends in Bishop. The only reason I am putting average on value is for the fact of weekend gouging. Otherwise, the value would be excellent. Our room on Thursday did smell funny (like lime),but our room on Friday smelled OK.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq6046gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thanks for the review. Please come back soon.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I incurred addition charges for there services. I was never informed that there would be any charges to use hotel property. When asked about the charges the Manager said that they get charged to use it so they will in turn transfer the charge to guest for those services even though they do not tell you upfront of charges. As a Military member using Government travel card additional charges will not paid for. When asked about the charge he declined to remove the charge. The hotel is substandard. The stay is not worth the price you pay. There are other local hotels that will meet the price you pay to what you expect to get and do not incur charges you are unaware you are getting until you receive your receipt. Our office will not be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel