“A Little Quirky, but Excellent Value!”

Bishop Village Motel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Whitwick, UK
“A Little Quirky, but Excellent Value!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights and were happy with our choice of motel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean, but we found it very dated. We had our own kitchen, but it appeared to date back to the 1950s! Cooking equipment and crockery rather limited (we had two none matching mugs, one of which was chipped!). Bathroom similarly in need of an update, though very clean. Gas heater in room was a little disconcerting; it was clearly very old and we were quite wary of prolonged use! Good value for money overall

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vanellus01
kerrigan, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for staying at our property. We are an original one story motel that has kept it's appeal, and have made the rooms modern, comfortable and convenient for staying in Bishop. All our kitchens are fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, glasses, etc. unfortunately from time to time, customers will swipe some things from the pantry, we do apologize!! We have taken care of the kitchen you visited! . With Spring here we are continuing upgrading our property and hope you will visit us again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
wisconsin
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet and no overpriced!
Highly recommended!
was only 60$ on Nw yrs eve!
Even had a kitchen!-microwave, fridge, sink, cabinets.

Walking distance to many coffee shops and restaurants too!

Only tiny comment: Rooms are VERY small.
Also get the Queen bed if you can, the full is almost too small for two people.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elwoodp
kerrigan, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your comments. Our customers are our top priority ,and what you say does matter to us. We have many different style rooms. We offer king bed rooms with kitchens, and without. Queen bed rooms with and without kitchens , separate room suites, and we do have a double bed unit with a kitchen, which is the one you visited. We hope that you will come visit us again in the future, and we will be sure to get you into one of our more spacious rooms with a king bed. !
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I call for quote & explained I have a pet bird in cage, the lady owner said she could hold for the pet fee, if no mess in the room when we check out, she would not charge the pet fee. When I check in she charge me right there. Anyway, I check in, they have a sign for free wifi. After looking around for password, nothing so my daughter went to the office, the owner gave her password but told her the wifi only available if she was at the parking area. What a joke. I ask the owner she should let us know before we paid for our room. Never recommended this place.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jessieyuen8
kerrigan, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
We are a very honest ownership. We do not "hold" pet fees. All of our customers who are allowed to have a pet in their room, are charged a small fee. This was explained to this guest upon checking in. Also, the "pet fee policy" is posted in our office, right on top of the desk. It is also printed on all our customer receipts for your copy. We keep our rates very low, and include many amenities for our guests. We go out of our way, to make sure everyone who visits our motel has a pleasant experience.
Murmansk, Russia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Out of promised two wifi networks, neither worked, even with me standing directly below the router outside. The fridge was not working, and the room lacked toilet paper. That's something I would expect from hotel #15 out of 20, not #2.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Simon31415
kerrigan, Manager at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We are so sorry you had problems with our internet connection. We have just switched over to a high speed ,even faster service.There are a few issues we are trying to resolve .Our internet service is complimentary to all our guests, along with many other amenities, at a very reasonable rate. All our refrigerators do work. The maids turn them off after each use to conserve energy, all that is required, is to turn them on. Our maids are very thorough ,and am sorry if toilet paper was forgotten in your room. We have discussed this with our staff. We strive for customer satisfaction, and appreciate your feedback.
uk
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I don't think you could do better than this at the price! Great value. Friendly check-in, clean, plenty of space. Nice pool. Not just another faceless motel. Wifi was down the day we visited, so unable to comment on that. Not just another faceless motel. Recommended

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
kerrigan, Manager at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice blog about our motel. Our customer feedback is very important to us! We hope you will come visit us again in the near future.
Simi Valley
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I picked this motel based on the good reviews and it did not disappoint. My room was spacious, cozy, clean and comfortable. It had everything I could want (except a hair dryer - which probably would have been provided if I had asked). You can't beat the location - 1 block off Main but quiet.
The price is super reasonable. It's not 5 star fancy but it's the best deal in town and I would stay again in a minute. The bed didn't look like it would be comfortable but it was. I liked that the L.A. stations were available on the T.V. so I could still watch my friends at KTLA 5 morning news.
I didn't get the name of the young lady that checked me in but she was super efficient. She checked in 3 people at once and kept everything all straight and it only took 2 minutes!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank travelinsis
kerrigan, Manager at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
We are very pleased you had a pleasant experience, as we strive to keep our property super clean and maintained for customers. We hope you will come and visit us again, we appreciate your business!
Farnborough
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stopped here having come out of Yosemite and planning to drive to Death Valley the following day. This has a really nice location about 100 metres off the main road so it's pretty quiet, especially compared with my stop the night before. Rooms are a little dated but hey if you want the Rirz pay their prices. I called up from near Mono lake as soon as I got service on the phone once out of the park. The receptionist was helpful and friendly and when I turned up after driving down was expecting me. There's loads of restaurants within a short walk on the main road through Bishop. I went with the receptionists recommendation of Jacks and wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank millhouze
Thank you for choosing our motel on your travels! We have the nicest customers, and do appreciate your feed back, which is very important to us! We hope to see you again next time you are visiting the Eastern Sierra.