“Hidden Gem !”

Bishop Village Motel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed 17 August 2014

When I travel, I like to end the day in a comfortable and quiet space. I have stayed in many commercial hotels/motels. And, because I am so darn picky ( I admit this openly ), I always tell the management this when I book. While I find the chain hotels to be clean and convenient, I always seem to get the room with the party next door, or in the family wing with a lot of noise. So, I love to find these little smaller places tucked away off the Main Street. The Bishop Village Motel will be my go to place when visiting the area. The charm of this motel is that it has kept the vibe of the era. Yes, the furnishings are older, however, it is clean and well kept. Bedding and linens are fresh and clean, as is the room. This place is tucked away, just a block off Main Street, on a nice, quiet little street. You can park your car and walk to everything you need or want. We were warmly greeted by a lovely young lady. She knew who we were and greeted us by name and quickly had us checked into our room. We chose the queen with the kitchen and found it to be very charming and comfortable. The pool and surroundings are great. WiFi worked great for us. Know that they have 2 separate Wifi connections. One for the pool area and the other for the rooms. We had no problems at all with either connection. We had a wonderful stay and booked our return stay here as well. After touring Yosemite we returned to this motel and stayed in the queen with kitchenette. Again, a nice, quiet comfortable stay. Happy traveling !

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wbloedorn
kerrigan, Manager at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property, we appreciate the kind things you said. We try very hard to make sure our motel is very clean, and kept up for our guests! We have included all new furnishings, flat screens, linens, pillows, towels, blankets,pool furniture and much more this season. We will continue to upgrade our property for our guests, and still maintain a fair price . We look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were iin Bishop for some training and went up without a reservation. I had read some good reviews for this motel so we walked in to get a room. We took the king bed with a full kitchen, this was what was available. It is a older property motel 1950's style. Very cute and well taken care of. The rooms were impeccably clean and nice. The full kitchen had a gas stove, sink with cabinets and a nice table with a couple of chairs. The bathroom was awesome. I just love the 50's style with the pink and white tiles. Very clean. They had soap and a conditioning shampoo. The kitchen also had dish soap and wash rags. Although we did not actually use the kitchen it was well equipped. The rooms do not have air conditioners but they do have swamp coolers. They worked great for me. Although I was a little worried if they would keep the room cool, they did. It actually got cold in the evening. The staff was friendly and helpful. You also got to park your car in front of your room. It is off the main road so it was nice and quiet but also walking distances to a few restaurants and a store. We will definitely stay here again when in Bishop.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lela429
kerrigan, Manager at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to make our rooms very comfortable and clean for folks . Your comments are something we pay attention to! We hope to see you again for a visit very soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a really nice room, new flat screen t.v. loved the kitchen, the property was very well kept, great pool, they were very helpful and nice when I checked in. Loved the location of the motel easy walking distance to many places, Will stay here again when visiting Bishop

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank sday2014

It was wonderful to see you , we hope you come for a visit again soon! We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Now that I have established that this motel does not compare with 4 Star Hotels let me describe our stay. We stopped in Bishop as a halfway sleep spot on our way to Reno and after spending several hours comparing hotels and motels in Bishop I followed the ratings on Trip Advisor and picked this motel because it was the #3 ranked hotel. After reading several reviews and looking at pictures I was ready for our stay, unfortunately my wife and kids did not agree. We arrived at 6:00 pm on a Saturday and found the office closed because the motel was full, I called the number listed on the sign and was directed to grab our key from the mailbox. Our room was small but featured a comfortable king bed and a separate double bed for my kids. They thought their bed was uncomfortable and their room was warm because there wasn't an air conditioning vent. The pool was great and was the highlight for our stay. The motel was quiet and we did not experience any problems during our stay. Since it was a Saturday night during the summer we paid $110 including tax and I would say that it was a bit overpriced considering the fact that the motel was old and a bit run down. In my opinion if you are looking for a decent place in Bishop for a quick overnight stay this place would be a decent choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David D
kerrigan, Manager at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your comments, which we care about and listen to. We are an older property, that has many new upgrades including all new furniture ,flat screen t.v.'s , linens, and pillows, sitting chairs, carpet, and much more.. Our separate bed rooms, that include t.v.'s, are very popular. We keep our rooms super clean, offer free wifi and keep our prices very reasonable for our guests.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a really nice smaller property. The room was well equipped for our one night stay including a small fridge and microwave. This is a basic property, but certainly everything you need for a short, or even long stay.Very clean and quiet, but in a very good location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Altagold

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We try and provide everything you would need for a stay in the sierra's . Our customers are our top priority. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here two weeks and we had a very good overall experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and cosy. The whole place is dated but this is what somehow makes it charming. The kitchen of our room was clean but cooking equipment and crockery were rather limited and need replacement. We had a problem with the heater but this was quickly fixed by the owner.

In conclusion, I recommend this place which is an excellent value (especially for long stay) for Bishop, and I would stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kimwea
kerrigan, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Right now we are freshening all our rooms with new furnishing. This is really going to make all our rooms terrific. We hope you will come visit us again to enjoy our upgrades. We are constantly moving kitchen items around, and have noted your comments to replenish our kitchen items, which we have. The pool is open, and we are looking forward to our customers enjoying all the upgrades that or motel now offers.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights and were happy with our choice of motel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean, but we found it very dated. We had our own kitchen, but it appeared to date back to the 1950s! Cooking equipment and crockery rather limited (we had two none matching mugs, one of which was chipped!). Bathroom similarly in need of an update, though very clean. Gas heater in room was a little disconcerting; it was clearly very old and we were quite wary of prolonged use! Good value for money overall

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanellus01
kerrigan, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for staying at our property. We are an original one story motel that has kept it's appeal, and have made the rooms modern, comfortable and convenient for staying in Bishop. All our kitchens are fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, glasses, etc. unfortunately from time to time, customers will swipe some things from the pantry, we do apologize!! We have taken care of the kitchen you visited! . With Spring here we are continuing upgrading our property and hope you will visit us again!!