“Bargain Price-Homey Setting-Good Service”

Americas Best Value Inn Bishop
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here on the way throught. Homey rooms, with frilly curtain type touches. Clerk was helpful, and the bed was excellent. Good amenities in the room, and it was clean. Good value for the price, and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I needed to review this dive in the hope you won't have to experience this horrible place.Beyond noisy; a/c loud, floors squeak, heard all voices in accompanying rooms. Old beds and linens, poor cable t.v./ WiFi. Truly no value!

• Stayed: June 2014
abvibishopca, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback. I’m sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations. Most guests are completely satisfied, but we use all comments in our continual improvement efforts. I again apologize that we did not meet your requirements and hope you will give us another chance when you’re in the area again.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

After road tripping California for two weeks this was a lousy way to end the trip. No hot water & no AC. Owner offered a $10 discount on the room after we already took cold showers. She would not refund money and offered us a different room. We've stayed at several America's Best Value Inn's before but this franchisee clearly leaves something to be desired.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that there was a maintenance issue with your room, and I’m pleased to hear that we were able to resolve this for you by moving you to another room, meaning that no refund was necessary and you were able to complete your stay. The discount was by way of an apology for your minor inconvenience. We satisfy most guests, and I’m terribly sorry that our efforts did not satisfy you.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Undergoing upgrading construction at present of an older motel. Notwithstanding that we spent
three quiet, restful weekend nights here. Yes, it did show its wear, but will be upgraded soon.
Manager and wife were very helpful. Quiet, off the main street location but yet close enough to
walk to restaurants. We look for secure, quiet, clean and reasonably priced rooms and this
motel fits the bill.

Room Tip: Upstairs, in the back.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hplunkett
abvibishopca, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. We are indeed making changes to the property to make it an even nicer experience for guests like you. I’m glad you were satisfied with our great location and clean, comfortable, quiet rooms. That experience will only improve as we complete our renovations. Thanks again for staying with us, and I’m sorry you couldn’t be here to see the upgrades and remodeling complete.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The room is a good size with a little kitchenette and an ensuite shower. The building is quite old and the towels were off White with age and wear. Definitely need replacing.

The breakfast was quite good including corn flakes with milk, crunchy red apples, fresh muffins, and orange juice. The breakfast is placed in the very small office so u can eat while standing there or take yr serves to the room.

The bed was comfortably firm with adequate linen and a light duvet.

The inn is located on Short street which is off Main Street in the town centre. We spent 40 min looking for the inn as the GPS directed us to another short street within the neighbourhood-quite frustrating.

Well located very close to the eastern sierras.
Dine at BBQ Bills on the Main Street - 5 min walk from the inn-great service, great food.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jetset700
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is obviously a economic choice, a motor lodge sort of motel for the value-minded customer. It was the cheapest room I could find in Bishop, and I knew we were only going to be there long enough to sleep and get back on the road, so I took the chance. The owner called me while I was on the road to see if I was still coming because it was midnight. She was very sweet and said she'd turn on the heat in our room to warm it up for us. Her warm welcome made us instantly at ease.

The room was not fancy of course but it wasn't run down or unclean. We slept fine and the shower was strong and super new/clean. There was plenty of space and a good tv.

Continental breakfast was included with donut holes, cookies, toast, etc.

Free parking and free wifi.

When we checked out the owner was super friendly again.

Glad I didn't pay more for a "nicer" hotel when I was just passing through. I saved money for the final destination!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank butfoodcomesfirst
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stayed in #105 for around $55 (w/AAA discount) for one night--you can't beat the price! The room was decorated with light green theme. It was clean and was actually a true "non-smoking room" (many older motels like this say non-smoking, but you can still smell the smoke from decades of being a dive motel; this was not the case here). It had a microwave, refrigerator, coffe maker, cable TV. Sheets were very soft plaid, so it felt a bit 'homey'. Bathroom was clean and newly remodeled, except the old mis-matched towels creeped me out. Owners + check-in & out experience was friendly. Breakfast in morning was a nice touch, but I slept through it so I don't know about the quality.....but hey, what more do you want besides a clean bed & hot shower? Overall, a pleasant experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business