We stayed one night at the Creekside Inn (8/21/2013) and it was an excellent hotel. In summary, the front desk staff was helpful and gracious, the room was clean, large and quiet, the grounds and amenities was beautiful, and breakfast was nice.
We made reservations over the phone. The young lady who assisted us was polite and helpful. We also immediately received a pdf of our confirmation via email. Quick and easy setup!
Check in and the Room:
We arrived in Bishop about 4:30PM. Micah, who was managing the front desk when we arrived, was polite and very helpful. He took care of our check-in quickly and efficiently and gave us the rundown on the property, breakfast, and amenities. We had a creek-facing room which was large, had two king-sized beds, and included a small kitchen and dinette table. The room was clean and very comfortable and had a nice patio overlooking the creek. The bathroom was properly clean and included enough towels, bath soap and shampoo for the four of us. The free wi-fi had a strong signal - strong enough for wi-fi based phone calls (we use Republic Wireless). Our boys spent several hours in the pool after dinner as well; then we went back to the lobby for cookies, milk and coffee that evening.
Good setup. Not like one of the top-end Hilton or Marriott's but it was very good. Hot eggs, sausages, breakfast cereals, muffins/breads, breakfast drinks, coffee, etc. The staff was nice and helpful. We showed up around 8:30 AM for breakfast and easily found a table. It wasn't crowded at all although there was a constant stream of guests coming and going.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone having the occasion to stay in Bishop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an inviting oasis mid-way between Los Angeles and Reno. A crackling fireplace, cozy seating, captivating photographs of the local landscapes and freshly baked cookies set the scene as you enter our lobby. Each of our 89 guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, plush Simmons Felicity pillow-top mattresses, and a level of comfort unmatched by other area hotels. Our expert guest service staff can help plan the itinerary for your visit to Yosemite and Death Valley National Parks, as well as other memorable outdoor activities nearby to ensure you make the most of your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelClick and Ebookers so you can book your Bishop Creekside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel Bishop
- Best Western Creekside Hotel
- Best Western Bishop
- Bishop Best Western