“Great, clean motel”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Sierra Madre, California
“Great, clean motel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have stayed here often and our experience has always been pleasant. The rooms are well appointed and kept clean.
There is a substantial breakfast buffet served in the lobby dining area. The creek running through the property is charming and half the rooms overlook it(the other half overlook the parking lot, so if charm is important make sure you book a creek side room)

Room Tip: The creek running through the property is charming and half the rooms overlook it(the other half ove...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dana p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Korean first
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a room with a balcony and mountainview.

The room was located on the groundfloor and had no balcony and neither chairs outside. The view from the room was not not on the mountains but merely on the parking lot.

Room itself was spacious and clean, but quite dark.

The staff did not care about my comments, they advised to write to the GM, who did not respond within approx. 10 days. I only received an automated ' thank you for your stay mail' a while after the stay.

All in all, poor value for money, I paid around 170 USD for one night.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mister-Anonymous
Sean N, General Manager at Bishop Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at the Creekside Inn. Although I wish the circumstances were more positive, I appreciate the opportunity to respond and apologize for our subpar performance. After searching for your initial email, I was able to discover that it had been routed to our SPAM folder. We should be checking this folder more often, and I should have responded within 24 hours. I did send you an email response this morning that offers more details about what occurred, and offered my apologies and consideration for your negative experience. I have discussed your review and email with all of our staff in an effort to improve how we handle guest concerns. In most cases, we try to resolve issues at the hotel prior to guest departure rather than place the onus on the guest to communicate their concerns again via email or telephone. I apologize that we did not attempt to satisfy you while still on property. The staff of the Creekside Inn has a very good reputation for service, and we all take pride in offering our very best work for our guests...I am truly sorry that we fell short of that expectation. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further service to you, and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves the next time you are on holiday in our part of the world.

Respectfully,

Sean Nolan
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Room had carpet curtains and beds that were in like new condition. The hallway rugs were somewhat well maintained. Staff inviting and helpful. Atmophere inviting with cozy lobby area creek outside near pool and plants

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jen S
Santa Paula, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The breakfast buffet was excellent!Location was great. Staff is very helpful
the atmosphere was very tranquil with the creek running through the property
would stay there again! The bowling alley next door is great also

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tspapa
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

In my opinion, experience here was less then adequate. Made reservations months in advance, actually 3 months. Requested river side room, and no pets. Somehow my "river side" room request was dropped. Given a room that was best described, in my opinion, as the janitors closet; tucked away next to the back door, the food storage closet and elevator.
Starting at 5:15am the noise from the food closet began as the staff started to prepare for the breakfast buffet. then at about 7:30am the food truck came, piled up boxes of food and supplies right outside our door, and outside the food closet/room next to us. Food staff was in such a rush to serve that they dash between the food storage room next to our room and the buffet area, knocking into my wife with cup of coffee. Sean, the general manager, cut me a discount, which is appreciated, but it was obvious, in my opinion, that the hotel wants to put on a "better face" for out of town/European guests, who block rooms through travel agents. In my opinion I would suggest staying at a chain hotel in town next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from the bottom floor rooms near the breakfast buffet area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chronofix
Sean N, General Manager at Bishop Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Although I wish the circumstances were of a more positive nature, I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. I do wish to apologize that you found your room location unacceptable. When we are in a sold-out situation, it becomes difficult to be able to move guests to other locations, and in this instance, we did not have any other rooms of the room type that you requested when you booked on-line. Also, as we discussed in person, our hotel has never received a complaint of noise from the room you were placed in. I have engaged our maintenance and housekeeping teams to assess the room at various times during the day to check for any excessive ambient noise, and we will make whatever changes are necessary based on our findings. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, and you have my card so you can contact me directly and I can personally select a room that may work better for your needs. Thank you again for your feedback. Sean Nolan
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice pool along side babbling brook, happy thoughtful staff with good restaurant suggestions and a real breakfast with recognizable food items. If you must travel to or though Bishop, California on your way to someplace nicer, stop here for the night (or two). On a three week trek across the U.S., this was the most pleasant and surprising place we stayed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our hearts sank as we walked down the corridor to our room on arrival. Everything seemed a little "run down" and the carpet was old and faded. But what a surprise when we opened the door to our room! It was spacious, spotlessly clean and and with modern decor. The room would not have been out of place in a Four Seasons hotel and we spent a comfortable and peaceful night. We were glad we stopped here on our way from Lake Tahoe to Las Vegas, and we thought it excellent value for money. I would recommend that, for privacy and outlook, go for a 2nd floor creekside room. The patios of the rooms on the ground floor of the car park side were very public and, if sitting on the terrace, your outlook is likely to be the radiator grill of a Chevy Suburban!

Room Tip: 2nd floor creekside rooms for privacy and outlook.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean N, General Manager at Bishop Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so very pleased that you found the hotel to be good overall, and that your experience was a positive one. I did want to take a moment to respond to your comments regarding our hallway carpeting. The Creekside Inn is in the midst of a multi-year, $5M renovation. This past winter we successfully completed renovating our guest bathrooms with a "down to the studs" upgrade. This coming November, we begin the process of updating the remainder of the guest room areas, including new guest room and hallway carpeting. You are absolutely correct that the current carpeting is showing its age and wear, and that will soon be rectified. We are excited to continue this full-resort renovation, and hope that you will be able to join us again to experience the result.

In Service,