“It is what it is - an old hotel.”

Red Roof Inn Bishop
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
“It is what it is - an old hotel.”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My wife & I differ on this hotel. I thought it was fine for an old hotel. It had newer (albeit ugly) carpet. The walls had a fresh coat of paint. The beds were old but firm. Our room had a small microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, and a refrigerator that was bigger than I've seen in high end hotels.

I thought it was ok.

The shower / toilet room had maintenance issues in that the bulb was burned out & the toilet handle stuck down. The fixtures were old but did their jobs. There was no clock/radio.

Our door was steel & we didn't see any bugs (I looked under the mattress) or experience their bites.

To sum it up: Picture staying at your grandparent's house built in the 50's.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank marco-mcc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I would not recommend staying here. It was dirty and smelled bad. It smelled of cigarettes even though its a non smoking hotel. The walls were dirty as well. We felt like we couldn't lay in the bed because we were afraid there were bugs. I felt as if anyone could barge into the room. The doors are old wood doors that looked like they could be kicked in. We decided not to stay. The lady at the desk was so rude! She was mad we weren't going to stay there and couldn't figure out why. She refused to give us a refund too because it was 20 min past the deadline. It was aweful!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Bishop hotels

Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

When I first arrived to my room. The second I opened the door the room smelled bad. I also noticed that the carpet was dirty which wasn't a big problem for me because I wasn't sleeping on the ground. I went and checked the bathroom, which wasn't so bad. The bed wasn't dirty but the next day after I slept on that bed I got some bedbug bites... I recommend you find some other places to stay in unless you want bedbug bites and a dirty carpet.

• Stayed May 2012
Surrey, uk
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Couldnt believe how huge the room was! We found this place in the evening, as we had driven from Lake Tahoe, through Yosemite, and the driving was getting a bit tideous, PLUS its one of the alst towns until you reach Death Valley. Staff was very helpful, and they had a lot to offer for a contin.breakfast. Very good shower, Tv in room, swimming pool, and Bishop was lovely secluded old desert town. Ah i loved it :) One of the cheaper hotels in Bishop.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The man who checked us in was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean (mattress clean too, I checked!) the carpet was dirty, they need to change it, badly. We were desperate for a place for the night so we took this room. In all fairness, it was clean enough , there was a fridge, A/C, a television, and breakfast included, free wi-fi and a computer at reception. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. There is even a small pool on the sight. Reasonable value to grateful people who needed a bed for the night.

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms so make sure you choose no smoking. Overall I thought it was going to be...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I've been in touch with the official Rodeway Inn customer center. They were very helpful and it turned out that the hotel in Bishop no longer has the right to use the Rodeway Inn name. That's why they use blank soap packaging instead of official Rodeway Inn soaps, they state ROADway on their blocknotes but still use Rodeway for Credit card tickets (how misleading is that), ... That's why their quality is sooo bad. Do me a favor and don't stay there. It's bad enough we had to experience it. I don't want anybody else have to experience this bad hotel quality for such a high rate (esp. during weekend time.)

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann S
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2010

the stairs up to the second floor look straght out of a Chicago Public Housing Project. The shredding astroturf is a stylish touch. Here's the kicker: When I checked into this room2 hours ago it was HOT inside. I mean like 120 degrees hot -- so hot all the surfaces were warm -- the bed, mattress, tables, walls, counters, everything. It was like getting into a car that had been left out in the summer sun in Phoenix. I immediately put the A/C on full blast and it's still uncomfortably warm.

Rodeway Inn says they give you free local calls and some sort of lame breakfast, but this place does not even have a clock in the room

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo