“A fresh take on a favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cantina 663

Cantina 663
Reserve with
Cantina 663 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Lawley
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Contemporary, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cantina cantina noun. /kanˈtiːnə/ def; a type of restaurant/bar popular in Italy, Mexico and Spain. Established in 2008, we are one of the original, funky & dynamic venues located on the famous Beaufort Street Strip in Mount Lawley, located next door to the iconic Astor Theatre. A local canteen at heart, we are all about fresh, local and seasonal produce. True to our name our food is influenced by Mediterranean cuisine with a modern Australian twist. A fully licensed venue, our extensive wine list features a range of exciting domestic and international drops, as well as lots of cocktails of course! So come on down, bring your friends and family, and enjoy yourself in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where the staff are always ready to greet you with a smile.
Perth, Australia
“A fresh take on a favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had an evening we had to kill during a school activity, and went with friends to grab a meal at Cantina. I had Osso Bucco, which completely over hauled my preconceptions with a fresh and delicious twist. I enjoyed every single mouthful, of this generous serve. Everybody else enjoyed their mains, and the desserts did not disappoint either.
I can see my family returning here many times in the future to this busy eating house.

Cavan
“Yummy coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Tastiest coffee around!
Had dinner here aswell and was nice but the tables for two are a but to close together for my liking.

Perth, Australia
“2nd visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Saturday night get together with some great friends
I had been once before and it was great
There were 4 couples so we decoded on the banquet
to begin with staff was excellent ( same as last time ) entrees as a share plate were terrific with more than enough for everyone
followed buy amazing mains again as share plates
some much food could not finish
Dessert again surprised us with quality and quantity
would recommend highly and will definitely be back

• Visited June 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Some great hits & some misses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Cantina came quite highly recommended so decided to head there for dinner with my mom and in-laws. We were lucky we went early as we had no reservation, but they managed to seat us at a table quite quickly. Within 10mins, the other tables started filling up. Service was friendly and helpful in deciding what to order.

Menu was rather limited. Best dish of the night hands down was the crispy pork belly. Cooked to perfection and crackling skin. The braised lamb neck and osso bucco were very tasty as well. The osso bucco was succulent. Lamb neck was mixed into the risotto. pieces were a tad too small. you had to eat the risotto to get the meat. Biggest let down was the mushroom ravioli. It had a weird, sweet after taste to it which none of us liked very much.

1 Thank Shirindp
Berlin, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Downhill all the way!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I happily took my daughter to Cantina 663 for lunch this week, having had great food & excellent service there in the past. Upon arriving the lack of service was surprising and the continued lack thereof meant we didn't get to order a further drink during our meal, dessert or coffee, table service and clearance was almost none existent and staff just seemed disinterested. Our food was reasonable, but not great how it used to be.
The worst was to follow with both my daughter & I getting sick that evening. I returned to share this news with management and after a long wait I was greeted by a Mgr who quickly informed me their food couldn't possible have made us sick and that was the end of the matter!!

Cantina has changed and the level of food, service and care have falling very badly.
Because I do care about others I will share my story and I will never return!!

1 Thank Chrissie C