“disappointing”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We recently celebrated a birthday and decided to go to the Red Cray because of its awards. The venue was very nice and the décor warm and modern. The first disappointment was the wine on the wine list we wanted was not available (no big deal) then when the waitress poured the red wine from the other side of the table she missed the glass and the table and myself were cover with red wine. We ordered the fish of the day , not available we decided on lamb shanks . Not available we complained and were told the menu was in the process of being redone .very frustrated to have to get the menu yet again to make our choices. The waitress was not very pleasant and if it wasn't for the senior waiter who was very knowledgeable and apologetic the whole night would have been a disaster. He felt so sorry for us that we had the most delicious crepe flambee on the house. The food was quite good albeit not cheap for what we got. The seafood platter at $125 wasn't very big also the noise level on a busy night was so that we couldn't talk to the person next to us.
Overall on a quieter day and when the menu is updated it might be a lot better.
CB

1  Thank ridgePerth

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've been to the Red Cray in Belmont several times but this was my first visit to the Mt Lawley restaurant. I tried it out because I'd always been pleased with the food and pleased with the price. The two are quite comparable. The food is very good but not amazing but it's far better than the majority of Perth restaurants. Their fish is excellent and seems as reliable as Belmont - everyone was pleased with their meal. My tiramisu was a little disappointing because refrigeration had made it too firm but the other sweets were good. At the end, it certainly wasn't cheap - nothing is in Perth, but you felt that it was good value. I'd certainly return.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were in Perth for a family visit and my daughter had been wanting to try this place. We weren't disappointed!!! The service was excellent, the food was better than excellent. We were looked after from start to finish. We didn't have to wait long for our food and our waiter checked on us to ensure we had everything we needed and made recommendations. Service like that is hard to find. I had a steak that melted in my mouth, family had seafood which they enjoyed too and grand daughter had chips. We had pre booked, arrived early which was good, when we left there were three parties waiting for tables. Not cheap but you get great food and service. Thank you Sam!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

our first visit to the RED CRAY was a very pleasant experience. it was a special birthday and I wanted Lobster - and that's what I got which was excellent. The service was excellent, everyone treated us so well, it has a great buzzy atmosphere and our meal was served very quick and very tasty. well done to the whole team and we will visit again.

1  Thank bronwyn o
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Red Cray is truly my favourite seafood restaurant, EVERY TIME. The food is really fresh, seafood at its best. The staff make you feel extremely welcome, every one of them offers nothing but friendly personal service and they really excel at this. The chefs deserve a huge medal as I love their changing daily menu specials - my favourite has got to be the fish of the day with soba noodles, and pomegranate salad. It's just absolute perfection. Thank you guys!!

1  Thank Tiffany C