“Seafood Platter on a Saturday Night”
Review of Mosmans Restaurant

Mosmans Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Mosman Park
Price range: US$20 - US$125
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Room between tables, staff that knew what they were doing, reasonable prices and best of all sensational food. Definitely going back for more.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My daughter took me to this restaurant for my birthday for lunch on a Sunday afternoon and from the moment we arrived we knew we had chosen the right restaurant for a lazy Sunday lunch. It wasn't overbooked like so many are, the tables and chairs are a good distance away and the views over the river with boats moored close by gave us a peaceful outlook from the huge spotlessly clean windows.
We had a ciabatta bread with smoked and fresh salmon for starters, but we opted not to have an entrée. The mains were delicious. We both chose the Barramundi which simply melt in our mouths. It was accompanied by a Jerusalem artichoke puree and a macadamia crumble which were scrumptious. Lastly we had the Spanish Trifle for dessert. The dessert chef needs to be commended as I savoured every mouthful. A surprise for me was when the dessert was served as the chef had piped in chocolate, Happy Birthday on my platter !
As I only drank sparkling water, after the first glass, the rest was complimentary.
I said to my daughter, let's go back there every birthday.
Lastly, the wait staff were so attentive without being disruptive.
You wont be disappointed.

1  Thank Deanna632014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Fantastic fresh seafood and great service with happy smiley waiter and beautiful scenery was worth the drive . Had a very fine dinning experience

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Quite simply, the meal didn't match the location. Overcooked and bland seafood, paired with arrogant waitstaff.
Will not be returning!

2  Thank Mosmanfoodie
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently took my family including my mother, brother and nieces and nephews to Mosmans to celebrate a family birthday.
The setting was great, the view was lovely as it always is, however we left more than disappointed after we were ate our meals.
My wife and I shared the seafood platter, and the rest of the family also had seafood.
The seafood platter had a few tiny oysters, inedible mussels in a rancid liquid, smoked salmon, the crab was obviously frozen as it was mushy, at least the prawns were tasty.
Ok, so maybe the hot portion of the platter would make up for that - but NO. The fish was soft and mushy and you needed a spoon to eat it. The Bugs were just that, because they were no bigger than an insect.
My brother and his wife also had fish and were also disappointed.
For a restaurant that states it is one of the premier dining locations in Perth, you would expect a lot more than what was provided.
We declined to have tea, coffee or dessert as we were so disappointed with the main meals.
To pay what we did for that meal was outrageous, and I would not return or recommend the restaurant unless there is a dramatic improvement in the quality of food served.

3  Thank A J