“one of the best!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“one of the best!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at chumayo spa in July for 5 nights for my 35 birthday and it was one of the best vacations I have ever had! I travel at least twice per year and have been just about everywhere, and I cant express how lovely of a time I had exploring this area and staying at the spa. First of all chumayo is centrally located to all the redwood parks. We split up our days and did two "south" days to Ferndale and Ave of the Giants, and two "north" days going to Jedediah Smith, Prairie Creek, and Patricks's point. It was romantic, quiet, and we really just felt like we were renting a nice studio apartment for 5 days. I had two spa days including a couples massage, hot stone massage and a float session. All were excellent! FLOATING IS AMAZING!! Want to go back and do it again!! Prices are very reasonable. Go to the brewery down the street if you stay here. I highly recommend Chumayo Spa.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank valleylily

Barnstable, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly a Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We just finished a week at the guest suite while visiting our daughter in Blue Lake. It was truly a hidden treasure for those wishing for a clean, welcoming, comfortable quiet place to relax and enjoy the surrounding beauty of this small very quiet community. Plenty to do and see in Humbolt County, We visited Eurika, Arcata, McKinleyville, Ferndale, and Trinidad. Redwood forests both south and north of here as well and the local area are all simply beautiful. It is not a conventional hotel with room service but is very welcoming and relaxing, perfect for travelers that prefer such tranquility. We enjoyed the private hot tub after long days touring the area. Next time we will make sure we allow time for the other services the Spa offers. We would love to stay there again!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Janis S
McKinleyville, California
“Relaxation Plus!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

A friend of mine gave me a gift certificate for Chumayo Spa about 5 years ago and I have been enjoying going there ever since! Tastefully decorated with a southwestern flair, Chumayo Spa is warm, cozy, very clean and charming. They have 2 sauna rooms, a floatation pool, showers and 2 massage rooms plus overnight accommodations for romantic get-aways. Couples massage is also offered and very enjoyable. Each massage room is wired for sound and you have the choice of what relaxing music you would like to listen to. My favorite masseuse is Julie, who owns the spa. Julie has a beautiful loving and healing spirit and instinctively knows where my tight spots lie! I also love how she incorporates warm river stones into her bodywork. I recommend Chumayo Spa without hesitation.

Visited April 2013
Dinsmore, Ca
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Who knew?!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Not what we expected to find in the tiny town of Blue Lake, but when I was looking for a quick birthday getaway, a friend recommended the Chumayo Spa. We were lucky that the 1 room was available on my birthday and booked a package for two which included sauna and 1 hour massages and use of the private hot tub.
The spa is private and personal with wonderful ambiance. There is a flotation tub which we did not try... this time!
Conveniently located across from Dell Arte Theater and right by Star Doughs cafe with wood fired pizza and the recently renovated Logger Bar.
The room itself was charming & very private with a kitchenette, so we could prepare our own food if we liked. Only place we've ever stayed with coffee beans and a grinder in room instead of the pre-packaged brew!
Even though it was raining lightly, we took advantage of the outdoor hot tub. Perfect! As was the entire stay.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank NanaPops
McKinleyville, California
“FRIENDLY & INVITING”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My husband & I went for an overnight retreat to Chumayo spa. We had a couples massage (him a full body and me a facial, head and neck), followed by 1/2 hour in the private sauna, followed by a float in the flotation pool. I have never been so relaxed and centered. Their accomodations were so cozy and clean and neat with a private hot tub off our private balcony. The whole deal was more than reasonable economically, and I will definitely be back to center myself soon!

Visited December 2012