“Don't know if I would stay again”

Red Roof Inn Blythe
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Blythe
Victorville, California
“Don't know if I would stay again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because I have a travel assignment at the local hospital. Mind you, I'm very picky, but I don't know if I would stay again. I arrived and the woman in the reception was kind and checking was fast. I had a room on the ground floor and had specifically asked for a room no pets had ever stayed in and she obliged because my allergies did not act up at all. I pulled back the sheets and saw no bugs or hair thank you Jesus. I laid on the bed and it was sooo hard it felt like a box spring. Super uncomfortable. Slept there anyway because I was scared if I asked for another room, I might get one an animal had been in and didn't want to press my luck.
So the next night I saw a small black potato bug (dont know what it's supposed to be called) in the bathroom area and I noticed that the door to the room has a little gap in it to the outside so if a tiny visitor felt so inclined to come visit, it can. Don't know how others feel about it, but I don't like uninvited guests. The next morning while I was getting ready for work I saw another one (maybe its BFF) on the floor near the bathroom. Not sure if I would stay again. Even if they have a room with a comfy bed that no pets have stayed in, I'm not cool with the little visitors even if it is the desert.

• Stayed June 2013
abviblythecalifornia, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Blythe, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the ABVI, Blythe.

We appreciate your review.

Glad to note that the front office staff was hospitable and ensured a proper check in,
We are attending to all other points mentioned in the review and are taking action on improving each one of them.

We assure you that next time we shall ensure you a pleasant stay all over.

Waiting to welcome you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Southern California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The room was clean and had plenty of room. We rented the Triple with 3 Queens. There is no fluff at this place. We never tried the "free" breakfast. After reviewing their offerings the first morning, two hard boiled eggs, three choices of cold cereals and a couple of oatmeal packets and mini danish we passed. It didn't look inviting at all.
The room was very warm, it seemed that they throttled the air conditioner and we had to request a fan. It took hours for the room to cool down. When we left our room and it was cleaned they turned the air up to 75* so that again it was hot when we returned from our river trip. Not a great thing to do to someone who has spent the entire day in the hot sun!
My daughter and family were supposed to have the room next to us and they ended up clear on the other side of the property because someone at the desk made a mistake. I'd probably try another hotel if I ever returned to that area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
abviblythecalifornia, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Blythe, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• I am glad that you find our hotel rooms clean. Management was informing about the nice comment you made and Housekeeping staff received our commendation.

• Breakfast staff was approached about the possibility of giving the breakfast more variety.

• Registration staff received additional training in maintaining the reservation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Blythe hotels

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I originally had a reservation in Tucson but decided that I didn't want to drive another 5 hours. My room was super clean, staff was really nice and accommodating too. I messed up my reservation and the person at the front desk was totally cool about fixing my dates. It's located right off the freeway and across from Starbucks (super plus).

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Atanwright
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Good clean hotel, with friendly person on front desk. Okay for a stopover on a driving trip, we would stay again, good price. The breakfast was a continental breakfast, and there wasn't a lot of it, a couple of pieces of bread and some corn flakes. Beds were comfortable.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Orange, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Mid priced motel in Blythe. Host were pleasent and available. Rooms are way back from the street and you can park you car in front of your room. Great if you have a lot of gear on your vehicle. Rooms are non smoking and smelled clean and fresh upon entering. They are basic but nicely done. Pretty comfy bed, 4 pillows. Clean bedding in good repair. Table, 2 chairs, dresser, good sized flat TV, fridge, microwave and coffe maker. Bathroom was only a shower, but it was sparkly clean. Soap, shampoo and lotion in dispensers. Hairdryer attached to wall. Towells were clean and adequate. Air conditioner was noisey, but it worked well and it was over 100 outside. If you want you can open windows in the front of your room, it was quiet enough. Pool looked clean, no spa, and grounds were well maintained. Very Basic free breakfast in lobby. They let us refill our ice chests from the machine at no charge. Great base for rockhounding. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WishIwasthere17
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We pulled in with a giant Uhaul and were pleased to find easy parking. It was right off the highway and walking distance to McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Carls Jr, Starbucks, a BBQ place and the Courtesy Cafe. Very nice staff. The rooms are sparse, yes, but that is what we expected. We asked and were given a bottom floor room (2 queens). The pool area looked like an evening hangout for the local contractors who I know frequently stay there for a week or longer duration for work. The a/c was loud, but very efficient. Good parking. Breakfast was cereal, canned mixed fruit and a couple of eggs. We went in for the coffee anyway. Not a bad place to crash.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Maria_Lopez_9
Olivehurst, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

We usually stay at one of the Choice Hotels in Blythe when we travel; however, all of them were full. After checking with a few places we decided to stay in the Americas Best Value Inn. The price was very reasonable and the room was very clean. Even had refrigerator and microwave. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast provided the next morning was good. The staff was accommodating and took care of us. Much better than we expected when we stopped. We would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family