“Not bad at all”

Capital Suites Hotel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Blythe
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had been driving since Sacramento and been through LA traffic during the evening commute. So you know what my mood was. As I approached Blythe I asked Siri what the nearest hotel was and this was it. I called and the nice lady who answered seemed genuinely friendly and welcoming. The rate was good (in the $60 range) so I gave it a shot.

First appearance is not so hot. It is an older property but what I wanted was quiet, convenient and a good bed. The room did not disappoint. It is older but actually quite large. There is a refrigerator and microwave. (Albertsons almost across the street.) Marble countertops in the bathroom. There was an older TV but it worked great and there are a ton of channels. It was 108 degrees at 9 PM but my air conditioner worked just fine. The easy chair was comfortable. My room was not exactly modern but it was very clean and spacious.

And then there was the best thing of all. A beautiful bed with a pillow-top mattress. Having spent the previous several days in a hotel with a rock hard mattress and having just driven more than 600 miles this bed was nirvana.

I did not eat breakfast there but do have a recommendation for them. Get tops for your coffee cups.

I liked this place. The lady who checked me in was super. The room was what someone who travels a lot wants. Clean. Cool. and very comfortable.

One more thing. This hotel had the fastest internet I have ever seen in a hotel. That was a nice surprise.

If you are cruising through and need a relaxing place to stay, this is a good one. If you are staying longer even better. You will like it here.

Room Tip: I was near the pool on the bottom floor. It was nice and close to my car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rickwine
There are newer reviews for Capital Suites Hotel

Reviewed 20 February 2013

After my stay at this hotel last February, 2012, I wrote how pleased I was with this property. Having stayed here February, 2013, I am happy to say that nothing has changed. It is still excellent. The rooms are arranged in a suite design which allows for very ample room. The bathrooms are very large and well designed. The staff are efficient and helpful. Because I needed to depart before the breakfast hour began, the staff alerted me that an array of breakfast items was available earlier and I found everything I could want. Happily, I would recommend this hotel once again.

Room Tip: An Albertson grocery store is a block away with a very good deli bar.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nwnative44
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The Capital Suites Hotel in Blythe used to be the Comfort Suites before Comfort built a new lodging right next to the freeway. We had at the Hotel several times in the past and did again just recently. The Capital Suites is quiet, exceedingly clean, and the beds have been upgraded. My criteria is a smoke free/pet free room with windows that open. The room we were given had all the above, a continental breakfast, and pleasant staff at reasonable prices. We'll stay again when we pass through Blythe.

Room Tip: We always choose a room in the back building.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy J
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed at Capital Suites during a trip from Phoenix to LA. There were several events happening in Blythe so rooms were scarce and Capital Suites charged us $99. The carpet and chair in the room were worn and stained, and there were gouges in the desk and night tables. Bathroom tile, grout, and showerhead were worn and black stained. On the plus side the room was large and included a refrigerator and microwave. They advertise a "deluxe" continental breakfast but it's hard to know what was deluxe about it. Maybe the hard boiled eggs? Breakfast was served in a small room with mismatched furniture featuring tables with deep scratches in their finish. All in all this is not a quality property and, for the price, you can do better in Blythe.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My criteria for lodging was cleanliness, comfortable bed, wifi and pet friendly on the night I stayed at this hotel. On every standard they exceeded my expectations. This was a very clean, cheerful room and surrounding area. The bed was soft, as I like it. The wifi worked very well even though I was located some distance from the lobby. The suite and the bathroom were both quite large. Because I needed to get on the road before their breakfast serving time, I wasn't able to partake. However, from the view of the dining area I believe it was on a par with other upscale hotels. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank nwnative44
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Toilet overflowed in the first room. In the second room, the TV had a horizontal line going across it, and the sound didn't work correctly. The bed was "sunken in". Towels are like sandpaper. On a positive note - staff was nice and friendly. Breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Make sure to double check your rate as they wanted to charge me more than my confirmed rate from Exp...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tenzin_Dream
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We stay here 1 or 2 days a month and we always return because of our clean and spacious the rooms are, a good breakfast is included, all at a good value! The service is excellent--we have always had prompt attention to any need expressed. They are flexible with us and we are amazed that it isn't packed all the time! We appreciate that every the rooms include amenitites we want, i.e., fridge, microwave, iron, and king-size, clean beds.

Room Tip: Just call and ask!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollyjwaite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blythe
Best Western Sahara
#1 of 1 in Ehrenberg
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 19 in Blythe

Been to Capital Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!