The Villa is a beautiful space, the grounds are well-maintained and it was easy to find. Our check-in was pleasant and we were shown to our room. It was a lovely room, also very clean and well-maintainted.
Many have commented that they found the owner rude. I did not find him rude at all - I found him to be Austrian or maybe German? I lived in Germany and he reminded me of my host family and people I met there. A bit brisk, efficient and all-business. He is indeed running a tight ship and appears to wear many hats at the Villas but he seems quite good at it.
ROOMS: Clean lovely room and beautiful grounds. A very romantic place to stay. Not everything is brand-new, but all of it was charming. Linens on the beds were very nice. We stayed in #16. The fountain in our private courtyard was really nice but a bit loud at night - it woke me up a few times.
SPA: Spa is not really a full-service spa in the traditional sense but it is a nice space and I had a wonderful hot-stone massage. My boyfriend's masseuse was more communicative (I did not get a warning when spritzed in the face with aromatherapy) but both of us thoroughly enjoyed relaxing together and found the staff very friendly and professional.
FOOD: I can't speak to room service or dinner as we ate elsewhere, but breakfast was nice and the dining area was very serene. Lots of fresh fruit and baked items.
CONS: I think the pricing stickers on things in the room (a cd, the wine opener) was a little off-putting and cheapened the feel of the space, especially since staying here is more expensive. For a stay in Sonoma wine-country you would expect a wine opener in your room to be complimentary as other B&B's or Inns offer (or have one at the front desk for guest use). Also, you are not always going to reach someone when you try to call the front desk -- it is a minor inconvenience, but I know some people might find that a bigger deal that I do. I think a nice added touch would have been a box of creamers for coffee complimentary in the mini-fridge. I really appreciated having the Kurig coffee maker in the bathroom area.
PROS: Very romantic spot. Nice jacuzzi tub. Great area to explore. It really feels like a secluded get-away in an Italian countryside villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa: A Luxury Resort in Sonoma County An elegant luxury hotel in the north of California's Wine Country, Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa is waiting to refresh your senses, relax your body and enchant your palate. Evocative of a tranquil European villa warming in the California Russian River sunshine, Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa is the perfect place for your vacation, honeymoon, special event or weekend getaway from the Bay Area. Forty wineries sit within driving distance of the Villa, making it the perfect destination in Sonoma County for wine pilgrims and explorers. Our attention to detail and excellence fills every aspect of your experience, from the comfort of our beautiful hotel rooms to the five star cuisine of our organically stocked restaurant. Our inviting and private Courtyard Spa will revitalize you with a variety of massage and spa packages, administered by our knowledgeable, sensitive and thoroughly professional therapists. Expect your stay at Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa to leave you feeling rejuvenated and pampered in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonoma Coast Villa And Spa
- Sonoma Coast Villa Hotel Bodega
- Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa Sonoma County/Bodega