“A great place to stay in Bodega Bay”
Review of Inn at the Tides

Inn at the Tides
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We stayed here for one night. We had a nice king room that we paid close to $300 for the single night. We also had dinner at the restaurant on the property. It was really good food and we are planning to go back in a few weeks and will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2008

The Vaulted (ceiling) King room with fireplace was wonderful! The view was so fine, we ordered food in just to enjoy every minute of the view of Bodega Bay, the fog rolling in, the fishing boats and the fog horn in the distance. It was an unforgettable stay!
Walking across the highway to breakfast could take some getting used to, and I'd advise driving there for older or disabled folks. But the breakfast was great, and the dinners are also fine. Fresh fish is what you MUST have when visiting Bodega Bay, and this hotel and the surrounding eateries clearly pride themselves in the quality of their fresh-caught seafood. AMAZING!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ltyr2001
Reviewed 23 June 2008

My husband and I stayed a Friday night with a group from work. As this was a business related trip, I was fairly concerned by previous negative reviews. I was happily surprised to find things weren't as I had read.

Check-in was easy, service at front desk was either very friendly or to-the-point and efficient, depending on who we spoke with. Stayed in a queen vault room, nothing fancy. Definitely recommend upper level room for a great view. The hotel is across the street from the bay, but that doesn't hurt the view any. YES, THERE IS A INTERESTING SMELL to the room, I'd describe it as a combination of musty sea air and lemon scented cleaning products. We opened our windows and our front door, had a nice cross-breeze going through and the smell cleared out just fine.

The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The bathroom is a little outdated looking, but it seemed to have new sink and shower faucets and everything worked great. The grounds are nicely maintained, very pretty. We saw all kinds of wildlife and were very happy with it.

Had dinner at the Inn's Bay View restaurant and were pleasantly surprised. All 8 of our group thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Service was a little slow, but very friendly. Come for a relaxing dinner with a view of the bay and you won't be disappointed.

Complimentary breakfast across the street at the Tides Warf was just fine. And no, you don't have to fight your way through the tourist shop to get to the restaurant. They're both in one big building, restaurant on one side, shop on the other. My husband and I shared 1 complimentary brkfst and 1 eggs benedict. No it's nothing fancy, but good nonetheless, with a 15% discount on menu items if you stay at the Inn. Service was again slow but friendly.

In short, the Inn at the Tides is a lovely, clean little place for a relaxing getaway. Yes it is overpriced for what you get - but what in Bodega Bay isn't? I wouldn't recommend for a honeymoon or anniversary trip as the rooms are more rustic/homey than romantic. When staying in beautiful Bodega Bay, who wants to spend much time in their hotel room anyways?

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2008

My girl and I decided for a quick getaway to Bodega Bay. Being regulars to the area, we decided to opt for something new and get a room on a Thursday night at the Inn At The Tides. Unfortunately, there weren't many rooms available, so we went ahead and splurged and got the "Sonoma Room" for $250 for the night.

Ask for the AAA discount, they took off more than $50 bucks!!!!

Anyway, upon arriving, the desk staff was ok - polite and informative, but not too friendly. The room was the real treat. The room was located on the southwest side of the property, in a single story building with only one other smaller room attached. The room had pretty big bathroom, with an overpriced fridge/mini-bar ($3 snickers!), a decent tv, king size bed, a couch, a desk, an awesome fireplace (with plenty of free wood!), a smaller table, and a good size nook in the wall good for luggage and golf clubs. The room had great ambiance, with nice artwork and vaulted ceilings, and included a nice bottle of complimentary chardonnay. I particularly enjoyed the small patio with table and chairs that had an awesome bay view, only made better with the beautiful landscaping all around. At night it was quiet and beautiful. Most people either like or complain about the foghorn in Bodega Bay, but in this room, you cannot even hear it. The bed was super comfy and had 6 pillows! Also, we can't really say anything about the hotel restaurant services, because we didn't have the breakfast, because there is better local fare. Overall, we had a great time!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2008

I was greatly disappointed by the hotel services. The hotel offers complimentary lan cable internet connection. However, I was having some issues hooking up to the internet connection in my room and called the frontdesk for help. She not only did not help me resolve this problem; she said that she had to charge me a higher room rate when I requested to change to the room next door if its internet connection worked. I had to drive down to their business center and use their wireless connection for work, which is so inconvenient. In addition, I was charged for making local calls, which I find is unreasonable. This is definitely not what I expect from a hotel that charges $200/night. I am definitely not going back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank babyblues512
Reviewed 9 May 2008

This is one of the worst places I have stayed at in a long time. My husband and I were looking for a respite from our hectic schedules and looking forward to a comfortable room and great view. The view was great, the room, not so much. The bed was like a concrete block and the sheets were so stiff - it was ridiculous. Not to mention that on several attempts to enjoy the pool and hot tub in the evening, there were loud, rowdy groups at the pool. We didn't get a good nights sleep and got to start our day with a complimentary breakfast at "The Tides" restaurant that would rank worse than any Denny's I have ever been in. At over $200 a night, we were extremely disappointed in the service, the accommodations and the general experience. We came home and finally got a good nights sleep and food that didn't make us sick!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mddt
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We booked the "Stay Awhile" package for $179 per night for a king vault room. You need to stay three nights mid-week but the deal includes both continental breakfast and dinner. The breakfast consists of either oatmeal or granola, a small dish of fresh fruit, a small glass of juice, a basket of miniature muffins and croissant plus coffee. The dinner is three courses. The starters include crab cakes, clam or seafood chowder, a green salad with shrimp or a prawn cocktail. The main courses include salmon, steak, crab Louise,, a couple of pastas and red snapper. The desert includes anything on the menu and there are about ten choices. Tax, tip and coffee are included so the meals on this package would exceed $100 a couple if you ordered the same items from the menu.
The room was very spacious and had a couch, table with two chairs and a fireplace supplied with wood. The best feature of the room was the beautiful view out over Bodega Bay. If you can handle a flight of stairs, I'd recommend a second-floor room for a better view. A couple of nice extras were we were given a free bottle of wine in the room and that internet is included. Overall we could find nothing to complain about and will gladly return.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Occidental
Fountaingrove Inn
Fountaingrove Inn
#4 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Inn at the Tides? Share your experiences!