“Most awesome surprise”

Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great food, friendly service and spectacular views await you at Lucas Wharf Restaurant in Bodega Bay. We are a waterfront seafood restaurant on the beautiful Sonoma Coast, about 1-1/2 hours north of San Francisco and just minutes away from the wine country. We have a cozy lounge with a fireplace and a patio for outside dining. From your dinner table you might see the local fishermen unloading their catch on our dock while sea lions play in the water below and pelicans sail by overhead. We offer a large selection of seafood choices, plus steaks, pastas and vegetarian options. We have several unique signature dishes (calamari!) And delicious, seasonal dinner specials. We have a full bar and proudly feature premium Sonoma County wines and local draft beers. So, for either a romantic sunset dinner, a quick bite on your way through town or after a lazy day at the beach with the kids, visit Lucas Wharf Restaurant, family owned and operated since 1984.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stopped at the Lucas Warf Restaurant because my father, who was visiting from out of town, was visiting and he wanted seafood and I just wanted to try some place I hadn't. I've eaten just about everywhere here in Bodega over the years, and have found myself whittled down to a few favorites. I wasn't expecting much because I find these touristy places not to be particularly good and boy were we surprised. My dad had the wild king salmon special and must of told me 10 times during his meal that it was the best he had ever had. I stayed with a favorite of fish and chips because it usually can't be messed up very badly. This fish and chips rivaled my favorite ever place which coincidentally was right up the road. The fish was perfectly cooked, light crispy fried batter, more than I could eat and the French fries were pretty perfect. This place has now earned a spot on my return list.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The restaurant was very busy. There were 6 of us and they wouldn't take a reservation. The shrimp dish was ok, nothing to get excited over. The steamers were bleached white. Had never seen that before. The waiter was very kind, as one of our diners was a bit of a problem. She sent everything back. All of our meals came at the same time except one bowl of chowder. I had the ask the waiter to bring it as he had gone on to another table. One of our crew had oysters and was quite sick the next day. Don't know if I would go back agin.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

That's the rating I offer. Poor. The rockfish was so overly flavored with fennel, that fennel was all you could taste. We also had the garden salad topped with salmon and the salmon was just not good at all. We ordered the specialty dessert, which was chocolate chip bread pudding. I'm aware that bread puddings vary greatly in their taste and presentation, but this one was cold. Was it bread pudding! I wasn't sold on it at all. We will not be going back to this restaurant.
I can't recommend this one.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Driving through Bodega Bay, visitor recommended Lucas. Hostess friendly and accommodated our seating preference.
Bar tender rude and unsocial.
Waitress very rude, unfriendly, forgot to serve our order of fresh oysters. When requested again they were very small and slightly on the dry side.
View was wonderful, dinner meal was excellent, fresh sea food; scallops, prawns, etc....

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had eaten at Lucas Wharf Restaurant before, and once again I found it to be an excellent choice for dinner. Service was good and food excellent. Would Highly recommend.