“Overall good, not great”

Drakes Sonoma Coast Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Drakes Sonoma Coast Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Doran Park Road
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Overall this is a good restaurant, not great. We had dinner reservations around sunset, which I
know would be stunning on a clear evening (unclear for us; obviously not their fault). To me the restaurant felt a little outdated though. We had no major complaints about the food, but for the money I would likely try somewhere else.

Reviewed 29 September 2010

We ate at The Duck Club for two dinners and two breakfasts, and I cannot find one fault. We did get a special offer for dinner -- purchase one entree and receive the second entree 50% off, so that helped with the overal price.

We had wonderful service at all meals and the views of the bay from the large windows were superb. We even saw a doe and her fauns eating right under the windows and also enjoyed watching the kite surfers. This was a fantastic experience.

Reviewed 24 September 2010

Waiters were friendly, service was timely, food was tasty, plates were artfully done. My wife and I had our meal after dark so the view of the ocean wasn't there, but we did see a fox, through the window just at the edge lighted lawn.
I have to question the value of the meals, $1.00 per oz of soup that had no more flavor than I can produce at home is a bit much. Meal prices in general were priced higher that the flavor warranted. Asked for one ice tea, two different people brought tea and we were charged for both.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

The food was good, but the service was not very attentive even though it was not that busy. There were several of the wait staff who didn't seem to get the idea to help out if one person had a number of tables (big tops) to serve, etc.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Food and drinks were far more sophisticated than I expected from a restaurant in a small coastal village. Staff was courteous, informative and professional. Views at sunset are exceptional! Well worth the money!