“Worst dining experience ever”
Review of The Boat House

The Boat House
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Today I was accused by one of their workers, heavy set middle aged woman of leaving my son in the car while I ordered food. I was inside my wife and son stayed in the car. This worker screamed at me threatening to call the police. After I showed her my wife was in the car, she turned and walked away without an apology. I will never eat here again. Drive somewhere else for a better experience.

1  Thank Todd S

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Small hole in the wall seafood place with a nice little outdoor glass and wood alcove. I had fish and chips. They were very delicious-crispy on the outside, tender and flaky inside and not too greasy or heavy. Fries were crispy and everything was served piping hot. Boat House is a pay first at the counter and sit down place. They'll bring the food to your table. The gentleman behind the counter was very polite, friendly and courteous and called be "boss" the whole time I was there. A couple of young cooks preparing fish tacos to the right of the pay counter smiled and welcomed me as I walked in the door. You don't always get this sort of friendliness from chefs (I say this based on a 18 year career in food service). When I asked what kind of beer they carried, I was directed to a refrigerator case of at least 10 different varieties of bottled beer. I enjoyed a bottle of 'Great White' from 'Lost Coast Brewing' out of Mendocino as I munched away on my fish and chips on the outdoor seating alcove which is nicely sheltered from the elements by and frame of wood beams and glass which lets good light in without the cold Bodega winds. I sat, ate, read my book and watched the birds and was never rushed. I've read some of the other reviews that say there are long lines out the door. I did not experience any lines. I arrived here around 4pm on a Tuesday and was first in line. I look forward to eating here again (to try the chowder or maybe fish tacos!)

Reviewed 15 July 2013

After reading about ti on Trip Advisor we decided to try it out. We got there late, about 8:20, and it was not crowded at all. The staff was very helpful and friendly. My wife and I both had the chowder and I had fish and chips as well. I really enjoyed the chowder - lots of fresh clams. My wife liked it but wasn't super impressed. Her gold standard is the Fish Hopper in Monterey and she did not think it was as good. I thought the fish and chips were good. I'm no connoisseur but I have to say I didn't like them as much as the salmon fish and chips from Rock Bottom Brewery in Campbell. Too bad they didn't have fresh salmon fish and chips there... But overall the food was good and plentiful, and i would recommend it. I wish we would have had more time to try out some of the other items on the menu.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Food was great here. Staff very friendly. Good Prices. And Best of all we could have dinner with our Jack Russel Terrier on the Patio.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a small restaurant in Bodega Bay that serves without a doubt the best fried fish and the best fried calamari. They give you a lot and it is worth the money, around $10.00 for a meal. The view from the restaurant is very nice and they have inside tables and another area that is still inside but mostly windows. We visit our son who lives in Santa Rosa and whenever we do we make a trip to The Boat House. This is not a fancy restaurant, paying up front before you receive your food but don't pass it by because of that. Delicious fish!