“Great food, fun place”
Review of The Boat House

The Boat House
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Food was great! Had the fish and chips, my fiancee had the chowder and calamari. A lot of food. The Boat House was a great stop along our travels. Would go here again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had their BBQ's Oysters and they were excellent. We tried the fish and chips and clam chowder also. This is a neat little restaurant, friendly folks. We had our food to go as we had our dog with us.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

After a long drive down highway 1, the Boat House was an excellent stop! We had fish n chips and it was delicious. Great service as well!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Today I was accused by one of their workers, heavy set middle aged woman of leaving my son in the car while I ordered food. I was inside my wife and son stayed in the car. This worker screamed at me threatening to call the police. After I showed her my wife was in the car, she turned and walked away without an apology. I will never eat here again. Drive somewhere else for a better experience.

1  Thank Todd S
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Small hole in the wall seafood place with a nice little outdoor glass and wood alcove. I had fish and chips. They were very delicious-crispy on the outside, tender and flaky inside and not too greasy or heavy. Fries were crispy and everything was served piping hot. Boat House is a pay first at the counter and sit down place. They'll bring the food to your table. The gentleman behind the counter was very polite, friendly and courteous and called be "boss" the whole time I was there. A couple of young cooks preparing fish tacos to the right of the pay counter smiled and welcomed me as I walked in the door. You don't always get this sort of friendliness from chefs (I say this based on a 18 year career in food service). When I asked what kind of beer they carried, I was directed to a refrigerator case of at least 10 different varieties of bottled beer. I enjoyed a bottle of 'Great White' from 'Lost Coast Brewing' out of Mendocino as I munched away on my fish and chips on the outdoor seating alcove which is nicely sheltered from the elements by and frame of wood beams and glass which lets good light in without the cold Bodega winds. I sat, ate, read my book and watched the birds and was never rushed. I've read some of the other reviews that say there are long lines out the door. I did not experience any lines. I arrived here around 4pm on a Tuesday and was first in line. I look forward to eating here again (to try the chowder or maybe fish tacos!)