“Great view.. Lack of staff.. Poor service...”
Review of Bluewater Bistro

Bluewater Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bluewater Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2013

After a great round of golf, we decided to have lunch at this restaurant at the Golf course. We had been here a few years back and I recall it was great food. Well... not anymore. The bartender was the waiter who also cleared tables, took the orders, brought the drinks, ran downstairs to check on the food, seated new guests and everything else you can imagine. We ordered ice tea... not once did he come back to ask if we wanted a refill, nor a refill on the water. It took almost 30 minutes for our food to arrive.... nothing fancy. just hamburger and sandwich. The soup they brought out was the wrong type I ordered. The guests at the neighboring table ordered salad and their meal took almost 45 minutes !!! The waiter blamed it on the grill, Anyways.... it needs alot of customer service improvement. Only thing worth the visit is the view. Perhaps it was Monday and it was anticipated to be a slow day??? Regardless, Bodega Golf is quite spectacular. Normally, the dining experience at the course should be kept on par.

1  Thank Takako F

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Views here are terrific. We ate in the bar and I had a grilled shrimp salad that was terrific!! The bartender, however, had zero charm which was too bad. Maybe she was having a bad day.

1  Thank mdmjrs
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Husband and I were looking for a romantic place to watch the sunset out of the wind. I used the tripadvisor app on my phone to find this place, and we called ahead to make sure they were open. We had the calamari and some salads, as well as wine and beer. Good value for the food, especially after being in the Sonoma Valley all week. We passed on desserts, but the couples at the other tables were raving about them. Yes, service was a little slow but the waitress was quite nice and very professional. Only two other tables of people the night we were there, so quite romantic! Wine list and beer list quite good for the size of the place. Restroom was nice and clean.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Although there isn't a big menu, and it took longer than I would have thought to get our order, we had a very nice breakfast at the Bluewater Bistro before we headed out on the links. The food was tasty and there was enough to fill you up without overfilling. And the prices were surprisingly reasonable considering the location and view. Definitely a return visit when golfing again.

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried to have our lunch at two other much reviewed local restaurants but both happened to be closed on Wednesdays so you might want to check days of operation before venturing out.

Our waitress was very nice and the view was beautiful but they serve their lunch in the bar so they lack a pleasant atmosphere.

I ordered the brisket sandwich with fries, while my husband ordered the clam chowder and the croissant with salmon sandwich. The clam chowder was crunchie with sand while the brisket was sparse and dry.

From their parking lot there is a very nice path that leads to the beach below where we had a lovely walk.

1  Thank SLOFoodie398