“Very disappointed”

The Arches at The Borrego Springs Resort
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, California
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We have been staying here at the Resort for over 15 yrs. and have seen many changes, none so disappointing as this Christmas Dinner 2013. First we made our reservations for our annual Christmas week at the resort. We pulled up the Christmas dinner menu off of their website and decided to make our Christmas day dinner for "Herb crusted pork roast" 6:30. The new restaurant manager Ramon took the reservation with the request for the table in the corner (he said that the table was #14). So we were all set. NO......found out that the reservation was never written down (Ramon tends to forget) and the table was #10. The menu had changed, the waiter was wearing a sweaty resort collerless t-shirt, we actually thought we had seen him on the golf course grooming the course earlier? I can't continue to say how horrific our Christmas 2013 was, not to mention how many other guests were disappointed. My suggestion, wait until they get their act togather in the restaurant. Golf course and hotel still great.

• Visited December 2013

Marina del Rey, California
“Okay Restaurant at Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The first night we were here we had the prime rib - which was excellent and the sides were all good as well. The restaurant itself has a beautiful view of the golf course, but it is very dated inside. The next morning we had breakfast and I ordered the parfait. I thought it really wasn't much of anything for the money they charged. I didn't want to go back for breakfast again, but it was convenient so the next morning I had an omelette. It was too cheesy for me and not that great.

• Visited November 2013
Borrego Springs, California
“Great Staff, Amazing View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We just arrived in Borrego Springs for a six-month winter escape from the northeast and live within a five minute walk of The Borrego Springs Resort. We've since enjoyed three very pleasurable casual meals in The Arches bar and have been particularly impressed with the friendliness and genuine hospitality of the entire staff, especially Chino and Agnes, who pour very generous drinks. There are comfortable couches to sit outside for a cocktail overlooking the beautiful golf course or you can dine al fresco at a table on the restaurant terrace. Inside, both the bar and the main dining room have huge windows to accent the awesome view. There's a happy vibe here with a lot of sociability among the local clientele. This will definitely be our "go-to" place all winter long.

• Visited November 2013
Borrego Springs, California
“Ripoff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friend and I had lunch two weeks ago. We were really taken aback when we got the bill and we were charged $7.00 EACH for a DRAFT beer. My friend and his wife live down here 7 months a year and I live down here 10 months a year. I live on Tilting T. Will we go to lunch at the Arches again?? NO

• Visited October 2013
Coram, New York
“Excellent Food and Friendly atmoshere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at the Borrego Springs Resort and this is the restaurant associated with the resort and golf course. We had lunch and breakfast and it was delicious!

Visited September 2013