I booked 2 nights for early March because of the good reviews I read on this site. Booking was easy. Got an email acknowledgement but the acknowledgement did not confirm the price. So I phoned and the price was confirmed verbally.
The inn is everything as expected. It is a small but very well maintained inn with only 8 units. We got Unit 4 with a well supplied kitchenette. Fresh packets of coffee daily. The fridge in the kitchenette is small. Our room has 2 nice size beds. The beds are comfortable. The air conditioning unit works fine. Bathroom is clean and in good condition. No problem with water pressure. Finding a channel on the TV takes some getting used to because we are not familiar with Direct TV controls. The wifi signal is strong but the server was turned off after about 10 pm the 2 nights we were there.
We had a very pleasant stay.
What we like about this inn :
1) Nice, clean, and cozy room with everything in good condition.
2) Very quiet setting. You can hear birds chirping on bright early mornings.
3) You can sit outside your 'patio' and enjoy the sunset with a cold beer.
4) Clean swimming pool and jacuzzi (no lights though so no one uses it after dark) surrounded by palm trees with a beautiful view of the nearby mountain.
5) Friendly and helpful owner/operator
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the Oasis in the desert... with seven rooms and seven RV spaces, we are the smallest hotel in the valley. Sparkling pool and Jacuzzi, BBQ area and fully equipped kitchenettes are available. Built in the late '50s, our "Oasis in the Desert" is family-owned and operated by us for over 30 years. We are located one mile West of Christmas Circle and one half mile east of the state park visitor center. "Need to unwind? Keep us in mind". ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Motel & Rv Park Hotel Borrego Springs
- Oasis Motel And Rv Park