“Nice Room ~ Poor Internet”

Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brea
Brea, California
“Nice Room ~ Poor Internet”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in a room with a King Bed and Full Kitchen. The room was nice enough. Part of the amenities was Free Wireless Internet in the room. We were definitely NOT able to connect to the wifi. In fact, even if we did connect to it, it never stayed connected. The TVs in the room were small. They were probably 20" screens and they did not have good TV reception. I suppose if this was an actual vacation, that would be ok because we wouldn't spend a whole lot of time watching TV, but this was actually us staying away from home while getting work done. We were trying to feel at home.

The bedroom was nice. Our room was clean. The King Bed was very comfortable and we got a nice rest. Air condition was not a problem. I was even able to bring my Xbox and connect to the little TV. They had HDMI connections.

They had a nice Social Hour with snacks and a drink. When we say snacks, I mean that they served hotdogs, chili, and chips. It was awesome. And they were great Hot Dogs. It was basically dinner for us. That was very nice.

They also had a breakfast buffet. That was nice too.

All in all, I'm sure my wife and I wouldn't mind staying there again. But we will definitely ask for stronger wifi connectivity.

Room Tip: Go to the social hour in the evening. It was very nice and we were able to save money on food.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
So happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you so much for also letting us know about the Wifi connection issues you encountered, I'm quite surprised our technical support center wasn't able to help with your connection issues, since we just finished doing an upgrade to our bandwidth. I do hope this doesn't change your perception of the rest of our amenities you were able to take advantage of, and know for your future stays, in case you do encounter issues again, we have a superb techical support center at your disposal that can assist 24 hrs. Thank you again and hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I travel a lot on business so I write plenty of reviews. I enjoyed m stay. The rooms were clean, and quiet. And all my extra pillows and blankets etc. were already waiting for me in my room, I liked that I didn't have to wait for the things I asked for days ago to be in my room after I got there. Check in was fast and the woman at the front desk was very helpful, since I travel a lot I'm not comfortable going to places, but the manager told me it was a safe area and drove me around herself, as she suggested the different things I could do. And even arranged to have me picked up after my movie was over. I had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am glad to hear your stay was a great one as this is what we strive for each and every day.

It makes me happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service throughout your stay and that you found it an enjoyable experience. We hope we continue to be your choice in accomodations when visiting the Brea area!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We arrived for a couple day stay with our 1 yr old son. We asked for the keys at check-in time, but no room was available "yet." We had to wait in the lobby for a while, with our son needed to go nap because our room wasn't ready.

Even worse, when we got to the room, it reeked of smoke, respite being a non-smoking hotel. We tried to air it out, but it didn't work. That night, it was hard to breathe. We asked for a new room, and to their credit, after some arguing, they switched us to a room that reeked less (though still smelled of smoke).

More regarding service: at some point, a hotel maid knocked on our door, and when we opened it, she left and other maids were laughing. It's as if they were egging each other on to bug the guests -- definitely not professional behavior.

Also, the other guests at the hotel were pretty loud. There was some fight in the middle of the night that woke everyone up, etc. Basically, this hotel is run-down, and attracts very much a crowd that's not compatible with bringing kids. At the end of our stay, we regretted our choice.

On the plus side, the pool was decent.

Room Tip: If your room stinks of smoke, complain until they switch you.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. First and foremost, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you were caused during your stay. I can assure you our hotel is 100% Non-Smoking and I'm actually quite apalled at the fact that our rooms smelled like smoke. We always strive to keep our hotel completely smoke free and deep clean our rooms if for any reason someone did smoke in the room (against hotel policy) prior to the next guest checking in. I wish I would have heard about this situation during your stay. We are not in the business of "unhappy guests" so please feel free to contact me at kvargas@chasesuitehotels.com so we can rectfiy this for you and hopefully make you a continued guest of ours.
Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year and we were very happy, the room was great it was close to the pool and the laundry facilities. So I reserved a room for this years vacation, we stayed two groups of times since we drove to Las Vegas in the middle of our vacation. We stayed for a total of 8 nights. In the first group of nights the room was okay but the lamp in between the bedrooms was blinking and so did not work. I asked the front desk to fix the lamp and instead of getting a repaired lamp the front desk person checked us out of our room one day early, I had to deal with a maid coming into the room and her supervisor stating that we should have checked out! The lamp still did not get fixed. The second time the toilet paper dispenser fell off of the wall but they did come in right away and fixed it. Over all getting a little rundown but still I love the property and give a 4.

On the positive side the pool and Jacuzzi is lovey and the laundry facility is located right by the pool so you can enjoy a nice evening while doing your laundry. They also have a nice BBQ so we bought steaks, swam in the pool and did laundry. The grounds are lovey with roses in bloom and the palms are very nice. The Breakfast and Happy Hour are free and a good perk for staying.

I will probably stay again next year but may look around and see what else is available.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are nicer the ones below and on the sides can get dark.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Truly appreciate the time out your day to leave us feedback! So glad to hear you had a great stay and also want to thank you for the candid feedback, without it we cannot improve our services. Thank you again and hope to see you in the near future when you travel to Brea!
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Was part of a wedding party and the front desk staff could not provide me the discounted rate nor could they find my wedding party in the system. I was ok with not having the rate, since I was booking the room late, but it took many calls to confirm. Ultimately, they offered me a flighty better rate. This was great, as I said at this point I did not expect to get the rate and was more frustrated with the delay. But, upon check out I found that they never discounted anything, I paid full price. Very irritating considering the amount of time I spend, wasted.

• Stayed August 2013
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel.
I want to apologize if you felt there was an inconvenience caused on our end.

We did do some research and looked up your reservation and noticed that since your reservation was made the day before the actual wedding,( the normal cutoff date is 2 weeks before in order to receive the group rate), our Sales Department did indeed honor a discounted rate for your stay, which was significant amout off from our best available rate that day.

I apologize if you felt we fell short in your expectations during the reservation process but I do hope this clarifies any miscommunication.

Hopefully when in the area, you still consider the Chase Suite Hotel Brea as an option for your accomodation needs.

Thank you again!
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The location of the hotel was perfect for our family event. The hotel was a little run down and could use some renovating. We had to call to have our room cleaned at 4:00p.m. in the afternoon. The pool area could use more tables chairs. The breakfast was nice and had a good selection for the hungry traveler. The hotel was a good value but could use a little TLC.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your candid feedback, without it we can not continue to improve our services and product.. I'm glad to hear our services and breakfast exceeded your expectations, as that is our main priority. Once again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the near future.
Canyon Lake, California
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I needed a place to sleep after a late night concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Brea for a party the next day and found Chase. We requested a late check-in which worked because we arrived at 1:30am and were probably the last to arrive to a sold out hotel. Even at 1:30am the registration employee was very present and alert. Check in went quick with everything explained clearly in perfect English.
The hotel is a converted apartment complex. The room was a mid class apartment which I'm sure many of us have lived in once or twice in our life. Our suite had two rooms. The kitchen/living room and the Master bedroom, both adequately furnished and stocked. Full size frig, stove, micro, dishwasher, plates, etc. Plenty of seating including a pull out queen sofa sleeeper. The carpets had been cleaned that morning. The rest of the room was cleaner than most apartments and seemed very sanitary with no worries from my critical wife. It's not "high" class but then again most apartments aren't.
The wifi worked great. Nice ipod/CD alarm clock. Very large bathroom (just one, in the master suite). Double doors separated the master from the living room.
It is an apartment complex so I was worried about the potential noise from upstairs our side but nothing bothered us too much (even thought the hotel was sold out).
The breakfast was hot and good for "free". There's not enough breakfast seating for everyone to eat at once so we had to wait about 5 minutes for a table.
We didn't use the swimming pool for many other visitors were.
Check out process perfect.
Overall, great value. I'd stay here again and in fact at the high school reunion the next day (in Brea) I was telling everyone about the value.

Room Tip: Call and talk to staff for specifics needs (how many you can sleep, location of room, etc.). They a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear you received the service your deserve and that's what we strive for on a daily basis. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Brea area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Brea? Share your experiences!