“Definitely not a home away from home!”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brea
Clovis, California
“Definitely not a home away from home!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Was not satisfied at all. You need to do something with the incident happened: giving away our room during stay. What if we were not in the room when it happened? You those other guess access to our belongings. The no housekeeping for stay less than 8 nights is definitely not a good policy. Finally the room and bathroom were dirty.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank moneybender
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and am working with the entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Also, your feedback regarding our reservations policy will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotels. If you have additional feedback, please contact me at, bre@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.

Again, thanks for the comments. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

i stayed here for a few days, and i was pleased with the quality that's offered, kitchen was big enough, nice and clean rooms. felt at home. Staff is nice and friendly and gave me toothpaste that i had left home, i will come back soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were from out of state and the staff was very accommodating . They let us extend 2 days without more than a few hours notice. The room was very close to the parking, so it wasn't too far from the car. The other guests werent too loud and we didnt hear too much road noise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and accomindating. One of my best stays with your chain. Steven was very helpful in taking care of any thing that I requested. I will deffinately be returning to your hotel in the future! Thanks for a wonderful experience.. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Eric - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay with us. Its pleasing to know that you found your room to be clean and our staff to take care of you. I am so happy to know that Steven was able to meet all your needs and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Thank you again for taking time to write your view.
Brea, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I happen to stay here for 2 weeks as per my company's policy and believe me this place has the worst cleanliness among all the ESA hotels I had even seen. The location for shopping is great but except that you won't get anything else here. Laundry service is available but no detergent, kitchen is available but not enough utensils for cooking. Everything has to be requested and served only on demand basis. Access cards won't work for no reason and we need to go to front desk and wait patiently for those lazy people to show up. This hotel really sucks ...stay out of this place if possible. Had been a nearby hotel with full kitchen I would have left this place on the second day of my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rajesh A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Rajesh - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that your experience with our hotel has not been a pleasant one for you, but am glad that we had a moment to speak by phone. Please again accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am going to look into why your room key was giving you trouble and will work with our staff to ensure our amenity policy is better communicated at check-in. While we might not provide all of the items you were looking for in your room, we do offer some of them behind the front desk upon request.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at bre@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Brea hotels

fullerton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Make sure not to stay here unless you want your s*#t stolen. <------- That was the main thing wrong, but wait theres more. At about 10:30 i noticed that i could smell cigarette smoke coming from the kitchen area, didnt think too much about it. Half hour later it was strong, put my nose to the wall sockets which are located next to the toaster (4 feet off the ground estimate) theres no doubt thats where it was coming from. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY unless you love rollie pollie bugs then dont stay here. all over the place i dont get it. weird .
Again back to whats got me fumed is they stole a very expensive diamond ring from me. before we were checked out. we stayed a week didnt realize our check out day was upon us so they called to ask us if we wanted to extend our stay since much of our stuff was still there my husband went back but it was too late GONE 2 rings. I can blame myself and i can make myself sick at the thought of someone making off with my diamond ring a gift from my husband. i curse myself for removing it before bed. cant trust anyone these days

Room Tip: a tip for ya stay at the courtyard right next door !!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jen n
Placentia, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My significant other and I stayed a total of 6 nights in this Hotel. Overall the stay was fair.

The location of the hotel is great.
Not far from the local hot spots including a mall, downtown area, theater, shopping centers, grocery markets, and is within 20-40 minutes from Disneyland, Knotts berry farm, water parks, the beach, aquarium, ect. You will easily find activities to do for all ages within a fair driving distance.

Moving on to the actual room itself.
My first reaction was that it was on the smaller side. Pictures lead me to believe it would be a bit larger. It was still decent inside for a queen sized room for 2, just not what I expected. There was a bed, night stand, chair, TV, kitchen area, and table/counter in the kitchen for 2. As well as the restroom attached.

KITCHEN: As promised there was a pot, pan, a few plates, mugs, cups, and silverware (although there was only 1 fork). As well as a stove, microwave, and full freezer/fridge set with ice cube trays. there was not an oven, but it is easy to make do with the stove and microwave.

BATHROOM: It is extended stay so it does not have the normal hotel essentials like shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer. It did have a bar of soap for the bathtub and a bar for the sink but that was it. Again being extended stay 4 towels were provided at the start and if more towels are needed you must go to the front desk to get more/ dispose of the soiled ones. (not a problem for us, we just reused our towels).

INTERNET: The normal provided internet included in the cost of the room actually worked great. I was able to watch episodes of TV online without having to wait ages for it to buffer and was able to play a few video games online as well. if you plan on doing hardcore gaming/uploading photos or items you should probably upgrade to their high speed option which was reasonably priced as well. i believe it was $9.99 for a weeks worth and there were day use amounts as well. All in all their internet was good.

TV: The Tv was nice. Flat screen and on a swivel, so you can move it if you want to watch it from different locations in the room/ move it to remove a glare. Typical cable options as well as showtime, discover channel, cartoon network, etc.

AIR CONDITIONING: This is my one BIG complaint I have. There is air conditioning as well as heat. And it did work, however it is at a locked temperature of 74 degrees F. It would not go any lower, and having stayed in August when it was 90-100 degrees this was not cool enough. Often times I was sweating in the room. Even if it was at 74 degrees it felt much warmer in the room. It got so warm at night that I brought a fan of my own to help cool it down. If you get hot easily, I would suggest bringing a fan.

CLEANLINESS: Not bad. Not great, but not bad. There were no stains, markings, or any worrisome spots that had me on edge. But because it is extended stay you have to pay extra for daily/weekly maid services. If you plan on staying more than a week, I would say this is a must (at least once a week). Dishes are not included in the maid services and any dishes you dirty YOU must clean.

BED: It was comfortable enough. A bit on the harder side but not bad. It only had 3 pillows for a queen bed with 2 people though. it was clean, although the blanket in between the comforter and the sheets was on the itchy side. we ended up putting it in the closet and just using the comforter.

AMENITIES/SUPPLIES: We mainly used it as a place to sleep and eat. It had all the necessary bedding supplies. sheets, blankets, comforters, and 3 pillows in a queen room. It had a packet of dish soap for any dishes that may have needed washing. As well as soap for the bathroom. There was also plenty of cabinet space for food as well as a full size fridge/freezer.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: It was a decent price considering it had a kitchen, however if you do not need a kitchen for your stay, I would suggest a different hotel. You can find rooms of a much higher quality and comfort level for the same price in the area. Mainly because it is extended stay you should remember that there is no one to refresh towels daily, take our trash, dust, vacuum, make the bed, etc...all that is your responsibility unless you pay extra for maid services. It is something to take into consideration.

I was happy with my stay and the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea? Share your experiences!