“Great location but horrible seating”
Review of Improv Brea

Improv Brea
“Great location but horrible seating”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to see a comedian. The location is in downtown Brea around lots of shops and restaurants, but we waited standing in line for about an hour before we could go in. Once we came in we were sat like cows with no choice of seating. I was sat behind some tall people. I stood up to ask the employee if we could have a different seat and he was very rude and short told me to sit and no way no how I could have a different seating. We are dealing with people here not cows.

Orange County, CA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Accessible local comedy club”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It's nice having an Improv in Brea. Parking is easy and they still get some big names. The food is not great and overpriced, but if you sign up for dinner, you have first place in line. If you go with a big group, be forewarned that your entire group has to be there before they will seat you (at least that is what they told us one night when we had one person who would be considerably late.) They also have appetizers and the two-item minimum can be satisfied with any food or drink. Be aware that they add a gratuity to the check which they deposit and collect while it is still dark and the show is still going. (We tried pulling out a light on a phone and were quickly told to put it away.) I realized after I left that I had paid a 30% tip by tipping on the total (including added gratuity.)

Although I've always sat pretty close to the front, the place is not that big and it is tiered, so you should be able to see from anywhere. You never know how the acts will be. I saw Wayne Brady do improv with some of the Whose Line is it Anyway peeps and it was excellent. I saw Jim Belushi do improv with a group from Chicago and either they were having a bad night or they just weren't that funny for the most part. Carrie Fisher told stories of her Hollywood life and career and answered audience questions one night while sitting on a sofa with her dog and I was thoroughly entertained. If you sign up for some of the bigger, social meetup groups in O.C., they have free tickets a lot during the week. (GOT-OC, OC Tribe) Once you are on a list, you will get frequent offers. It's a nice alternative to dinner and a movie.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank LS R
Los Angeles, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great venue”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

You can see HUGE names here and if you time it right, you won't stand in line very long. You can even get discounted tickets from them or other sites. Groupon or Living Social.

Visited March 2014
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Always a fun time”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have been to the improv in irvine many times, this was my first time to the improv in Brea. Nice parking structure across the street, yard house, gyukaku and many places to eat in the area. We had the 7 pm showing so had to eat there. Very nice staff, friendly and helpful. But the food is not good. Huge selection of food to order though. It's mass production to feed and get drinks for so many people all at once before the show starts so I can't fault for that. Will come again.

Visited February 2014
Chino Hills, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Still Laughing!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was one of our many Friday trips to the Improv in Brea. We were excited to see Steve Byrne's new show, and we were not disappointed. In addition, everything went like clockwork.

First, the parking across the street in the Brea structure was a breeze. Although we have arrived at 6:00 p.m. in the past to park and encountered gridlock, this time the structure was not packed. We scurried across the street to the Improv line and discovered two people in front of us. The doors opened at 6:30 p.m. as promised, and we were seated in front by friendly staff for dinner reservations.

Our waitress was excellent this time around, and she made sure the Improv made as much as possible on drinks and food.....the buckets remained full. We also has a birthday in our group, and the DJ gave a birthday shoutout! In regards to the show itself, it exceeded our expectations!

Visited February 2014