“Lucilles is worth the wait”

Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #6 of 227 Restaurants in Brea
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2023

This is a wonderful place if you want good food. Its right off the fwy and has a lot of parking spots. Depending on what time of day, the line can get long but its worth it. We've been here quite often with family and friends and seated all over the restaurant, every spot is fine unless you're particular. The food portions are massive, don't be surprised if you have to take it home. You have different choices of sauce to put on your food, they come in bottles. You can also order a side of ranch if you wanted them for your fries. Overall, this is a great place to get some great smokehouse food.

Date of visit: December 2022

Reviewed 2 June 2023

My friends and I are forming a bi-weekly Happy Hour Group and thought Lucille's was a great spot to do so. In short, I will never return. The bathrooms were so disgusting they were unusable. It's not just that there wasn't any TP and that the space was a filthy mess, but there is a clear sewage problem. The stank was so bad we ended up leaving. This was the Brea location. I'll be filing a complaint with the Dept of Public Health.

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 22 January 2023 via mobile

My intelligence was insulted today as I dined on 1/22/23 in the afternoon with my family by the Manager Carlos. We were a party of 5 seated in a booth that would accommodate 5 people, yes maybe if you had small people or children. As my husband walked to the restroom he stopped a gentleman and asked for our waiter because we wanted to move to the table across from us because the booth was to small for us....HE TOLD MY HUSBAND WE COULD NOT MOVE TO ANOTHER TABLE BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY BROUGHT OUT OUR BEVERGES TO THE TABLE (which was 4 waters and one soda) he asked the guy to send over our waitress not knowing this guy was the manager. So the waitress comes over I asked her if we could move because we felt crowded in the booth. The waitress said sorry we can't move you because the beverages are on the table per the manager. Also, keep in mind the restaurant was not busy, so we asked to speak to the Mgr. and it's the same guy my husband asked in the beginning. He goes on with the same story and then told us THEY WOULD HAVE TO THROW AWAY ALL OUR BEVERGES AND WE WOULD HAVE GO BACK TO THE FRONT AND START ALL OVER AS NEW CUSTOMERS
(Ridiculous)...Just to move to the table across from us that was empty and again the restaurant was not busy, there was several empty tables...So your saying this is your policy??? As paying customer this is very insulting, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ACCOMMODATE ME BECAUSE WATER IS ON THE TABLE. Maybe I had dumb written on my face, because I eat out very often and have never ever experienced this kind of treatment. Who ever owns this franchise I want them to know if this is your policy it's unexceptable or you have a untrained Mgr making your restaurant look real bad. Where is the customer service? Have Lucille's gone this far where kindness and customer service doesn't count

Date of visit: January 2023
Reviewed 11 November 2022

Today is 11/11/2022, of which there were a lot of food specials/discounts and freebees for veterans. Lucille's advertised a "Complimentary personalized sized entre from selected menu, dine-in or take-out".

I have eaten at Lucille's before and have enjoyed the food. Since being a veteran, and the price was right, I would try it again.

When I was waited on, I informed the waitress that I was a veteran and asked her what was available and she said that she will be right back, she has to check with her manager, She told me that her manager told her the above is not correct but she can give me a sandwich for 20% off. I politely her no thank you and left.

The above occurred in Boynton Beach, Florida at approximately 4:00 PM

Is this how Lucille's get people inside their doors, "bait and switch?

Date of visit: November 2022
Reviewed 31 May 2022

HELLO I WENT to LUCILLES, the first time yesterday in TEMPE ARIZONA. I ordered carryout and was really disgusted regarding the poor quality of the food order. I ordered 5 big ribs, that they say are tender and meaty. I don't think so. The ones i received were very tough, with the membrane left on the ribs. They were neither meaty, nor tender, but the exact opposite. I also ORDERED A LARGE NACHOS with brisket. THAT was also awful. They say the brisket is piled on heavy. IN reality i found very very little brisket on the entire nachos. VERY LITTLE cheese. EVERY nacho WAS SUPER SOGGY. THIS was one of the worst experiences that i ever had with BARBQ. CMON LUCILLES, YOU GUYS GOTTA DO A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN THIS

Date of visit: May 2022