“Live restaurant ”

Wed, 6/12
20:00
Ranked #13 of 228 Restaurants in Brea
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

A restaurant with a twist in his dishes. I loved the indoor ambiance. We called on the weekend to make a reservation but I was told they don't take reservations.
We got the aguachile and it was very good, we also shared the seafood platter and it has variety of stuff.
The service was kind of slow, we had to wait for utensils after our food got served for 5 minutes.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank 173hanyg

Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

New to the area and this place was recommended by a co-worker. Very cool place with a great vibe! Food and service both top notch! Check it out!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

Went here on a first date, the name had me fooled...I was not expecting a Mexican restaurant. It was a nice place, a bit loud for having conversations, had plenty of tvs but they only played videos instead of sports. The menu and drinks were a lot more expensive than I expected, we had drinks, 2 for her, 3 for me....salsa and chips and the bill was almost 75.00.
I dont mind paying for a great meal and drinks, but all drinks were over 10 bucks even during "Happy Hour".
I was expecting a sportsbar because its what it was billed as. Nonetheless I will not be returning to this particular establishment.
Just didnt do it for me personally.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

this is my first time at this restaurant and we went on a Monday. Turns out that on Mondays it is happy hour all day. So I had a wonderful mango margarita for just $8. It was mixed perfectly and tasted great.

For a Monday night it was very full, but we got to see it right away. The only drawback to this place is it is very loud, so don’t expect to be able to carry a good conversation.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 1 July 2019

A friend from church chose this place to celebrate her birthday. But from the moment our party of six walked into the place, I knew we had made a big mistake. We entered at about 12:45 on Sunday, 6/30, only to be greeted by music blasting at probably 120dB or more. I can remember clubbing in places where the music wasn't nearly as loud.

When seated at our table, you had to practically scream to be heard 20 inches across the table. There was so much noise -- everyone screaming at each other throughout the restaurant trying to have conversations, it was ridiculous. And when the music paused between songs, the noise level hardly dropped because everyone was still screaming as if the music were still playing. After repeated requests to turn down the volume, they finally lowered it about 40%, but the noise level in this place . . . maybe due to the lack of acoustics . . . was still horrible.

We were there for about 75 minutes, and I left with a headache. I'm writing this at 9pm and my ears are still ringing. No return visits to this place anytime soon for me.

Again, we were seated at 12:45pm . . . the menus on the table were labeled "BRUNCH." The foodserver took orders at 12:55pm. We asked if we could order from the full menu, and she told us that they only take orders from the Brunch menu. Absolutely nothing on that menu looked exciting, so I chose not to order anything to eat, and, after the food was served, I was glad I made that choice.

Just as the first few plates of food were set on the tables around 1:15pm, the manager came by and asked me if I wanted to order something off the full menu . . . that they started serving the full menu at 1:00pm. Maybe the foodserver could have told us that? Maybe she didn't know? This greatly disappointed one of the couples with us because they were looking forward to trying some tacos they had seen online, but none of which were on the Brunch menu. I was so turned off by the experience in those first 10-15 minutes that I had no desire to bless them with my money.

Compared to the portions served, prices seem to be a little high, but not exorbitant. I was not going to pay $18 for a Short Rib or Pork Belly burrito (the only things that came close to even being exciting), and when I saw the size of one of them on someone else's plate, I knew I made the right decision because you can get a Macho Combo burrito at Del Taco -- about the same size for less than $6 including tax. A taco plate goes for $14 or more, which is over the top for what they serve.

My wife had machaca and eggs, and the two scrambled eggs must have come from very small chickens, and were obviously overcooked. The serving of machaca was minuscule, maybe 2.5-3 oz (just a couple of heaping tablespoonfuls), but she liked the seasonng. Then she commented that the beans had absolutely no flavor, but she said the side of chilaquiles were tasty.

I think the place focuses on bar sales, and they obviously have a regular clientele because they have personal booze lockers as you walk in.

I doubt that anything will get me to go back. Your experience may be different.

Date of visit: June 2019