“Best enchiladas/Guac in the Sierras” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Camarillo
“Best enchiladas/Guac in the Sierras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Lovely restaurant - wonderful owner - FANtastic food! Killer beans, great selections - excellent service - if you leav hungry - is your own dang fault. Call ahead - make sure they are open - owner may be fishing!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank PowerbaitPatti

Ashland, Oregon
“An unexpected gem!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

If you are ever traveling on Hwy 395 on the east side of the Sierra's, make sure you stop at this wonderful family run restaurant. It is located on the south end of the town of Bridgeport. We had the best Mexican food EVER at the restaurant with "The Best Food & Fish Stories in the High Sierra!" Their on tap beers were a very pleasant surprise! Bridgeport is a good stopping point as you travel through this beautiful area of the eastern Sierra's. My bad for not reviewing this earlier in the year!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank AshlandTraveler
Santa Barbara, California
“Fine Mexican at reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

A friend and I went on a three day photo tour of the eastern Sierra and had our dinner one night at Casa Michaela. The menu is mainly Mexican and steaks. The prices for all items are very reasonable for the area.
We had had a late lunch and my friend is not a big eater, so we had small items.
I had the two taco plate ($10.50) and he had the mini-tacos ($5). We each had a beer/wine.
The total with tax before tip was slightly over $25 for the two of us.
The tacos were excellent with lots of beef and rice and beans to complete the plate. We were both satisfied with our meals when we finished.
The man at the next table had a monstrous burrito or chimichanga. i didn't see those on the menu, so ask if you want something else. They may have it.
There is a large selection of Mexican dishes and steaks.
There was only one server on duty to handle a lot of people, so some patience was required, but it was worth it.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fresno, California
“Best trout ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

We recently meet up with relatives in Bridgeport Ca and six of us dined at Casa Michaela. It was wonderful. By far excelled out expectations and I have eaten at a few places on this section of highway. This was hands down the best. The owner Ramon was very welcoming and took great care of us. We ordered a variety of entrees and desserts and all were great. The pan fried trout was unbelievably good. I know this area is known for trout but they way they cooked it was the best. Chicken enchiladas were great. The steaks were all cooked to order and delicious. Not one of us had any complaints all rave reviews. So if you are up on 395 through Bridgeport do yourself a favor and stop in and see Ramon.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Best find in Bridgeport!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I asked where to eat dinner in Bridgeport which is small- and was told to go here!! Glad we did- homemade salsa and chips filled us up while we waited for our entrees. Great window view of the Stunning Sunset!! I had seared fish with vegetables and it was very flavorful-
Given the location- I don't think there is much for competition close by-everything was fresh-
And I started to think the wait for the food was a bit much..until the sunset.. and then I was thankful to have had to wait for my food to witness that sunset!! I would definitely recommend but again.. don't be in a hurry- kick back with some good friends.converse and let it happen!!
The portions were fillng but after being out several hours I know I was pretty hungary!!

• Visited June 2011