Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very convenient to airport and hotel staff is extremely nice and helpful. Air unit was quite noisy and I wish there was a TV in the "living room" and not just the bedroom. Food was overall pretty good especially the evening meal - it was certainly plentiful. The pool was small and a bit over chlorinated. Overall, this was a pretty decent stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jonathan P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Good Afternoon Irr4604,

Thank you for the "Convenient" review. The entire staff is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North. I certainly agree it is a very convenient location with convenient amenities. One thing I did want to point out is that the TV does swivel into the living room area if you were in a Studio Suite which I'm assuming because the King One-Bedrooms have two TV's( one in the living room and one in the bedroom.) Sorry that wasn't clear as I can see the confusion. Please let us know when your travels bring you back to the area. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

clean facility. friendly, efficient staff. super shuttle service to airport, timely and good drivers. good breakfast. Holds up to the Hilton standard. close to airport. in new, business area. Lots to write to get to 200 characters.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Greetings 350Deborahg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the AWESOME “Exceptional” review for our property. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites San Francisco Airport North. Please contact me next time your travels bring you back to the area so we ensure your stay will be very special. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We have always stayed downtown when visiting SF in the past. Decided to try this location to have the extra room for the kids, and were very pleased with the decision. Easy to access the city and extremely helpful staff who offered almost concierge service by suggesting more than the typical tourist attractions. They even volunteered to print step by step directions because we were having some issues with our GPS.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Greetings Shpblej,

Thank you for the wonderful "Great place for a family!" review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North. I agree that the location is very convenient to San Francisco attractions. I'm also very pleased that the staff offered great concierge service and went above and beyond to take care of your family. Please let us know when your travels bring you back to the area and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

As the title says, there are only two rated hotels in Brisbane, CA so being rated #1 is really not saying much. The hotel was not horrible and for the average traveler will probably meet there expectations. I have probably somewhat unreasonable expectations from any Hilton property. I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member having spent 312 nights in Hilton properties in 2013. As a Diamond member, I expect to be be treated a certain way and valued for my loyalty. I always include special requests in my reservations. Nothing outrageous, things such as, high floor, away from the elevator, extra pillows, etc. As a frequency traveler who shows my loyalty to the brand, I expect the brand to value my business and fill my requests when possible. It was clear this property didn't even bother to read them, let alone, fill them. While my room was not near the elevator, I was on the second floor of a 4 floor property and they couldn't even offer an extra pillow. The front desk clerk seemed bothered when I asked about my requests. The room was live able while not spotless. All things considered, most might find it okay and have no issues but I have already cancelled a return reservation in mid-August.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Numburz
Jonathan P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Greetings Numburz,

Thank you for staying at our property and taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of the fact that even though we are #1 of 2 properties in Brisbane, our percentage of satisfaction is much higher than our main competition in South San Francisco. However, I did want to apologize about your special request not being honored at our property. Our Hilton Honors Diamond members our very important to us as they constitute the majority of our guests and we want to offer you the highest level of service. I understand that you cancelled your future reservation but I would like for you to give us another chance to make it right. Please contact me personally as I would love to make your next stay perfect and very special.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I usually look for two-room suites with a privacy door so our two youngsters can go to bed earlier than us, sharing a sofa bed in the living area. I thought they were too big to share a sofa bed, so I first tried looking for two regular hotel rooms with adjoining doors – but that was a more expensive route! My main criteria when booking for our family vacations are location, some sort of breakfast included, fridge, free/cheap (<$10/day) parking, and price. Nice-to-have: pool, WiFi. This was our first time at a Homewood Suites. SFO Homewood Suites had all our criteria and more!

LOCATION: Unless all your plans are only in S.F. proper, I highly recommend staying down the Peninsula to get more for your money.

HIGHWAY ACCESS: It’s really easy coming off Hwy 101 headed North. You exit Sierra Point Pkwy, turn right, and it’s the 2nd driveway. But getting onto Hwy 101 South is funky. You have to head North on Sierra Pt Pkwy for over a mile to access the southbound on-ramp…

PARKING: FREE and plentiful! If you’re staying in the Bay Area, this is a huge perk. Most places charge, anywhere from $6 to $20 per day. Well-lit lot. Even coming back late at night, even with dummies parking on the lines and taking two spots, there was always parking spots near whichever entrance we wanted.

EXTERIOR NOISE: Surprisingly quiet considering it’s right by Highway 101 and railroad tracks! No airport noise at all. I think being on the top floor reduces the freeway and train noise. I’d asked for a King bed two-room suite away from the elevators and stairwells to avoid noisy foot traffic. They put us on the top floor of the West side, quite a walk from the elevators (see picture, circled X was our room)…right near Highway 101 and train tracks. But the building seems well-insulated. We didn’t even notice the freeway traffic; it wasn’t even bad when we had the windows open.

I was worried the trains would keep us awake; our youngest is a light sleeper. After our first night, I asked her if she heard the trains during the night, and she hadn’t. When you’re up, you’re aware of CalTrain passing by (a weighty rumbling). But once you’re asleep – we never heard them. The freight trains are a little noisier than CalTrain, and they tend to use their horns more. Our last night there, they blared their horn as they whizzed through after 11 p.m. Maybe they saw someone by the tracks...Maybe the two-room suites are only on the ends of the building? But if not, and (TIP) if you’re a really light sleeper, perhaps ask to be in the main or East wings. And always a good idea to bring ear plugs!

INTERIOR NOISE: The inner walls are OK. The last two nights, we had new neighbors, and we could hear through the bedroom walls the woman talking (but not what she was saying). So I’m sure the neighbors on our kids’ side could hear them bickering in the mornings. And when in the hallways, you can definitely hear raised voices in rooms. The housekeeping staff is totally quiet; NEVER heard them – very nice.

THE ROOM: Adequate size. It’s probably the smallest two-room suite we’ve ever had. TV and phone in each room. TV didn’t have many channels, though it did have HBO. There were very few “kid” channels, e.g. just Nickelodeon, which, at night, airs Adult Swim. And something happened the 4th night where we lost three channels – including Nickelodeon.
-- KITCHEN: very narrow (see picture). But mid-size fridge, two-cup coffeemaker, toaster, microwave, dishwasher! Free microwave popcorn! 4 of everything (plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, silverware). A few cooking utensils, paper towels. I don’t recall seeing any pots or pans (but I didn’t look). No dishwashing liquid to wash dishes as we used them, so I loaded up all our room and the morning’s breakfast dishes and ran the dishwasher our last day, using the single-use detergent powder they provided.
-- LIVING ROOM: It was large enough to move the small coffee table out of the way and bring out the sofa bed. But plan ahead to get anything needed out of the drawers before bringing out the bed. With the two-seat kitchen table and the desk, each child had a play surface.
-- BEDROOM: Just big enough to get around in. There was an empty space between the TV/dresser and wall that’s large enough for a large suitcase. Closet had sliding mirror doors. Silly miscalculation - the closet rod they put in comes out too far, so your clothes get swiped every time you open and close the doors. Lots of soft pillows, very soft sheets, big fluffy soft towels.
-- BATHROOM: The sink is open to the bedroom, which is a drawback (one person can’t turn on the light and get ready while another sleeps in). Lots of storage in the vanity. Only the tub and toilet are behind a door. Everything worked well, and the toilet was pretty quiet. The shower walls had a couple of unsightly cosmetic cracks. The showerhead had a few spray options. Good water pressure nights and mornings.
-- HOUSEKEEPING: We had “Dae 2” during the work week. How do I know? She wrote us little notes that she left each day with Andes mints! On her Friday, she told us we’d have a different maid and to have a nice weekend! I’ve never had a maid leave us notes before; it was a nice personal touch. (Perhaps it’s because I remembered to tip each day. I used to tip only at the end of the trip, ‘til I read that daily is better because it could be a different maid each day.)

FOOD! The reservationist on the phone said there was breakfast daily and “a light evening snack” Monday through Thursday.
-- DINNER: I was expecting crackers and chips for the “light evening snack”, but it’s an actual DINNER! We had dinner plans each night, but the two eves we came back before going out to dinner, I checked out the dinner menu. One night – herbed chicken, rice Pilaf and green beans! The next night, ravioli, garlic bread and salad! I’ve never heard of a hotel that served chef-made DINNER! It looked and smelled delicious.
-- BREAKFAST: Full, hot breakfast. Every day, scrambled eggs, sometimes with stuff in it (cheese, diced ham, etc.), some sort of potato (diced, seasoned) and meat (sausage patties, links, bacon). No waffle maker when we were there. Additionally, three cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, assorted muffins and breads for toasting. Cranberry and orange juice, hot tea, hot chocolate mix, good coffee with flavored creamers. There is a lot of seating, but for a hotel that size, it’s not always enough. There are also a few tables outside, and you can always take the food back to your room. The coffee station is actually in the lobby – you can get coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate any time of day!

POOL: Indoor swimming pool. Don’t be fooled by the hotel site’s picture that makes it look like a lap pool – it’s not that big! Maybe 25 feet long, at most. 3 – 3.5 feet deep. Adequate for kids to have a good time.

STAFF: Friendly on the phone and in person. As mentioned, appreciated the quiet-in-the-hallway housekeeping staff.

We were all very happy with our stay at Homewood Suites SFO. If we ever do another family vacation to the Bay Area, Homewood Suites is the first place I’ll check!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper and don't use ear plugs, request a room in the main or Bay side...
1  Thank Teriko

Good Afternoon Teriko,

Thank you for the “No Complaints” review. Wow, a 5 Star review that was amazingly thorough. I’m so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and the room worked out for your family. Please contact me next time you’re coming back to the Bay Area as I would love to make sure you get the perfect room for your family and to ensure your stay will be very special.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in July. We had 5 people and a two bedroom two bath suite with kitchen for a very reasonable rate.
We found the suite to be very roomy and clean. The lobby was open and nicely decorated.
The free breakfast was great.. hot and cold items with very delicious freshley baked muffins that they did replenish frequently..
The dinner was totally an extra and definitely well worth staying at this hotel. We had potato encrusted cod, red potatoes, mixed vegetables and salad ( photo ) and also Burbon chicken, rice pilaf, green beans and salad bar. It also included a free glass of wine or a bottle of beer. We wished that we could have stayed all week to try the other menus!!. Dinner is offered Monday - Thursday. As an added bonus they had freshly baked cookies each night after dinner.
The location is perfect for San Francisco as it is located midway between the airport and downtown SF with very easy access to the 101 which is the main freeway.
Although we didn't use the exercise room or pool both were nice and located indoors. An added attraction for us was the patio which was surrounded by glass to deter the wind with gas torches and fire pit... so relaxing after a long day of sightseeing.
Parking was free and there were plenty of parking spaces.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly as the staff was awsome as well, very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet and bright.

Greetings Debbie,

Thank you very much for the wonderful 5-Star review. The entire team is very please that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North. Please contact me next time your travels bring you back to the area so we ensure your stay will be very special.

All my best,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great to have a suite during my travels! So convenient, spacious, kitchenette (stove, refrigarator, plates, pots, dinnerware, toaster, coffee maker), even popcorn!!! Sweet Suite with comfortable bed and pillows (plenty of extra pillows!), Tv in each room, arm chair with ottoman, sofa, desk, etc! Even the water closet and shower/tub, was separated from sink! Sweet!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Greetings Roland G,

Thank you very much for the wonderful SWEET review! The entire team is very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North. I’m truly happy that you were able to take advantage of the extra space and amenities that we offer in our suites. Please contact me next time your travels bring you back to the area so we ensure your stay will be very special.

All my best,
Jonathan Powers, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
0 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 27 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#19 of 27 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#3 of 27 in South San Francisco
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 27 in South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 27 in South San Francisco

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!