“Mini vacation”

Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Buellton
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After returning from our wine tasting tour we were a bit hungry. Took a short walk to the Taproom Firestone Walker Brewery. After a few minutes we were seated. We had a calamari appetizer and I had French onion soup. My boyfriend had the Kobe burger special. The soup was rich and flavorful and the burger was excellent. The beer Wookey was tasty and I had a glass of Jarhead wine. It was okay but I think I was "wined" out! Lol. We would definitely come back if in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My life's love and I joined a bunch of coworkers here. Food was decent, California prices, but not great. Wife had the chicken and said it was bland. Reminded her of the undercooked ahi she had last year at the same place. I had the ribs. Good name for them. Not much meat but the flavor was okay...not great, not much sauce,...but okay if you don't mind gnawing ribs. They hid the potatoes under the ribs with embedded broccolini in the potatoes. A bit cadaver-like. Rib spreader please, I'd like some liver...Kind of not appetizing. The beer was good, as it should be at a tap room, but the reserve special beer came in a tulip glass that was supposedly 12 ounces of premium priced farmers ale (more like 8 ounces). VERY floral with hints of perfume and an undertone of citrus with a peppery finish. Really? It's beer folks, not wine. Get over yourselves. The 805 was good as was the brown ale. Basic BEER, no undertones of hidden notes. Jeesch! The final straw was billing time. Got the check and promptly paid it with a moderate tip. The waitress wasn't the problem so she still gets a tip. Service was good but not great. Five minutes later, I received a second check, and the first to rip up, because they forgot to add the chicken in. Folks, if you screw up and I pay what you brought me the first time, you should have the grace to admit it and comp the difference. That would be classy. Nope, not here. Please pay the required amount no matter how embarrassing the second billing may be to you in front of your business associates. Sorry, that's the last time for this place. I like Firestone's beer and wine, a nice marketing combo, but they have definitely lost the class of an upscale establishment at their "tap room" restaurant.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I've been meaning to make my way here since it opened. I was actually here following a release of the Barrelworks new beer(which I must say is outstanding!). Once the event was over, we walked over to the taproom to watch the World Cup game and were immediately seated with a smile. Our drink order was was taken rather quickly which was nice, and our waitress was super attentive. I jad the pizza which was pretty darn good, and my lady had the brisket sandwich, which was sooo tasty. We enjoyed another fresh brew prior to our departure, and moved on to the other side of town. All in all, it was a great experience, and I'll be back next month.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

All the best gastro pub food you could like in a really cool space. Burgers are big and juicy. Mac and cheese with bacon (again, they do bacon right up there) good for soaking up all that amazing wine you can try in a day or two.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staying locally and visited this restaurant on our first night.
The food was good. The French onion soup was great, and all the main courses were enjoyed.
The staff were friendly and we were served in a timely manner.
We shall be visiting this restaurant again during the holidays.