Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
Sideways Inn(Buellton)(Great Value!)
US$109
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn(Buellton)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$81
US$78
  • Pool
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley(Buellton)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$114
Hadsten House(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$132
Orbitz.com
All reviewssanta ynezwine tastingbreakfast buffetomelet stationvery nice hotelwine countrystarting gateupgraded to a suiteunder renovationlos olivosfirestone breweryhitching postroom ratecentral locationlocal wineriesthe entire hotelroom facing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2012

e stayed at this Marriott for 1 night as it was the only place available during Labor day weekend and we were in town for an event in Santa Barbara.
Although, I would not have considered Buellton a desirable location if you want to visit Santa Barbara, I now would reconsider it as a good option.
Santa Barbara is one of those places like San Diego that completely take advantage of the tourist especially on weekends and holidays the prices they charge are ridiculous. Depending on your trip planning and time allowed and if you have a vehicle, I would most definitely consider Buellton a good location. You can either take a short drive into the Santa Barbara sites, beaches etc.. Or head into Solvang, wineries, the Missions, plenty of local sites. You do not need to overpay and stay in the heart of Santa Barbara.
Now the Hotel appeared to be an older Marriott and I don't believe originally a Marriott but the service was definitely excellent and very much up to a Marriott standard. The rooms were likely circa 1970-80's? and although dated, the condition was exceptionally good and very well maintained and well as some updating. Don't let the "Retro" deter you though, the size of the rooms were very ample and spacious something that was also a throwback to those years. We had a "Jacuzzi" room which I figured was just maybe a deep tub with jets right? No! This was also a throwback, a huge 2 person heart shaped jacuzzi tub on a large platform area with mirrored walls?!! LOL gotta love those 70 's. Again, not really a bad thing we got a kick out of it, and maybe because this room had a jacuzzi tub there was actually a big living area with a big pull out couch 2 chairs and a coffee table with a flat screen tv that you could angle anywhere you wanted overall, a very nice sized suite. This might not only be good for couples but also for a small family with children. I know my kids would have loved the jumbo jacuzzi area when they were young and spacious living area. Great overall space.
Service and staff all very good and comp to most Marriotts.

The lounge area downstairs was pretty good and a nice place for a nightcap.
We were very pleased with our Retro room, no regrets!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed at the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott for one night while driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
The staff working at the front desk was very friendly. However, as their reviewers said their rooms feel a little dated and could need some renovation. On the bathroom for instance, the tap was leaking water. We also had issues with the air-condition, it only produced warm air, so I had to turn it off and open the balcony door. On the other hand, both the room and bathroom was cleaned properly.
Breakfast was also included in our rate, buffet was good. Staff in the restaurant was friendly, they did have some computer issues, and in the end they had to call up to the front-desk to verify that breakfast was included in our rate.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank haakonks
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My hubby is a platinum member so he got an immediate upgrade to a very nice one bedroom suite which we gave to his parents who were traveling with us. We took their regular hotel room which ended up working out great because it opened up onto a patio which was convenient because we had our two poodles. The room needed to be upgraded because it had 90s style vanity, carpeting and wallpaper but I wouldn't consider it a dump like Sunshine333.

The breakfast buffet was included in our room charge and very filling. Awesome omelets! Don't pass up the baked goods which are made locally in town. Service was horrible our first morning because it was super crazy the day after Christmas.

Location is perfect if you're going to Solvang because you can avoid the interstate and take back roads into the town center.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms 249 - 259 (odd numbered) if you're traveling with your dog. These rooms have sliding glass doors onto the hotel patio with easy access to stairs so you can walk your dog.
2  Thank WISCGirl
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This place is a DUMP. I'm sorry - I hate to say this, since I love Marriott and Hubby and I have stayed at Marriott hotels all over the country, and all over the world. I can't even believe Marriott is willing to put their name on this place.

We chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews, and our loyalty to Marriott. And usually reviews help us make the right choice, but this time we felt mislead. And though I don't write many reviews, I really felt like I needed to set the record straight on this hotel.

As I said....it's a D.U.M.P. It's old, shabby, and in severe need of a total and complete remodel. The carpets are stained, the wallpaper is peeling off, and it smells musty. The restaurant is old, dirty, and also has not been remodeled in thirty years.

The room - in a word - Gross! We would have left but we didn't want to have to finish our drive back to Los Angeles, so we decided to just stay. I was so grossed out by the carpet and the couch, that I chose to put my luggage on top of the wood desk. The chair at the desk had some very "questionable" stains on it. Yep - I don't want to say it, but use your imagination. The couch - well lets just say I refused to touch it, much less put anything on it.

The bed was old, hard, and lumpy. Not your usual pillow top marriott bed. The sheets...well lets just say their were some odd "stains" - so we called for new sheets and a new comforter. Yuk.

The bathroom - hmmm - well it was clean in appearance, just old. Oddly enough, they replaced the countertop and faucet, but left the rest. On a positive note, we had loads of toilet paper, and towels.

The breakfast - again - Yuk!! Their buffet breakfast was included in the cost of our room, and we normally love the Marriott breakfast buffet, but this was more like a do it yourself cafeteria that was ten steps below Denny's level food. Gross. But - on another positive note, we didn't get sick from the food. Hey, that's a plus, right?

The location is convenient to Solvang, and all the wineries, but there are better places to stay. We chose this place because we are so loyal to Marriott - but I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
1  Thank Sunshine333
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We selected this Marriott because it was along the route on Hwy 101 on our trip from Southern Cal to the Bay Area. I had to "upgrade" $10.00 to the room that included the buffet breakfast....but that was the best deal! The buffet breakfast was very elaborate and included an omelet station, waffles, fresh fruits, sausages and bacon, pastries, coffee and juices. For a full breakfast like this, one would expect to pay at least $20+ per person. And the food was tasty and well-prepared; service was excellent: friendly and helpful.

The room is as one would expect at a Marriott: clean, roomy, and comfortable. There was also a small refrigerator (FYI).

The other big bonus are the Christmas decorations. We were there the week before Christmas. The extent of the decorations would put department stores to shame. It is worth the trip just to visit the lobby.....(even if you were not staying there). And according to the staff, this has been an ongoing tradition there for a few years. To me, this is a very special effort (above and beyond) made by the management and staff to make a pleasant environment for the guests.....I'd subscribe to this philosophy any time! It's nice that they take pride in this as well.

Room Tip: Go for the "includes breakfast" option.....it's $10.00 more, but worth much more.
1  Thank Optoko