“This place is a thrill-seeker's heaven!”
Review of Knott's Berry Farm

Knott's Berry Farm General Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Once a working berry farm, this popular theme park is now home to GhostRider, the world's best wooden roller coaster; Supreme Scream, a ride where participants are hoisted up 30-stories and dropped down in three seconds; the Xcelerator, rated the world's best launch coaster and Camp Snoopy, home to the beloved Peanuts gang.
Arizona
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“This place is a thrill-seeker's heaven!”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I arrived at Long Beach harbor at 7:30 A.M. on September 25, 2009, via a Carnival Cruise vessel and immediately upon leaving the ship I headed for my hotel in Orange County and thence on to Knott's. Since there were only a few cars in the parking lot, I assumed that it was closed, but was pleased to discover that it was up and nearly fully running (its best attraction, the Xcelerator, was closed for maintenance).
I stayed all day until the scheduled closing at 5:30 (early closing due to the annual Halloween Haunt which runs until November) and never waited in line for a single ride. There are five attractions which I consider better thrill rides than ANYTHING Disney can offer at California Adventure: the Silver Bullet, Ghost Rider, Perilous Plunge, Xcelerator, and Supreme Scream.
Ghost Rider is a huge, nearly mile-long wooden roller coaster that is faster and steeper than anything I rode that week-end (I went to California Adventure on Sunday), while the Silver Bullet is an exciting inverted coaster that is the smoothest and quietest I've ever experienced. Supreme Scream is a 300 tower that appears to be twice as high as its California Adventure counterpart and is a MUCH bigger thrill as it drops you earthward in a freefall. The final 115' drop is an unexpectedly scary and exciting end to the Perilous Plunge boat ride.
For my money Knott's is a real bargain, and, while I wouldn't expect it to be as unpopulated every day as it was during September, it is not as crowded as the Disney theme parks. The big advantage that Disney does hold over Knott's is its Fastpass and single-rider offerings that help eliminate long waits in line.

3 Thank literaturelover888

• Greek first
  • Korean first
california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rollercoaster heaven at Knotts”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Had a wonderful trip recently with my daughter and sister-in-law when we went up for the afternoon and rode all the parks rollercoasters...sometimes twice! The only coaster to avoid was the extra large wood one which was too bumpy for us...all the rest were smooth.

1 Thank tdahlia
FL
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Camp Snoopy is so much fun for toddlers!”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We went on a Tuesday in August. There were NO LINES on any of the rides in Camp Snoopy. My 2 and 1/2 year old walked up to any ride and did it right away. There were lots of rides for her to go on - her favorites were the speedway, balloon races and carousel. We spent almost 8 hours in the park.

8 Thank mom2saurus
irvine,ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FUNTIME”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

i love knotts scary farm time.. its so cool.. they do it all over the park and you never know where its going to hit!!!! GO and have some SCARY FUN!~
my kids loved it, we had the mummy on our log ride!!!

1 Thank markomarkusa
La Habra, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Knott's annual Halloween Haunt 2009”
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Just attended the first night of this event with my daughters again last night. The very FIRST night is the way to go, if you can possibly do it. I know it is not even October yet, and people are not quite in the Halloween spirit, but if you want to experience all the fun, minus the CROWDS and lines, this is the way to go. We got in before the 7 p.m. start time even, and didn''t ave to wait in line for anything! We went through all 13 mazes (a few of them twice--Terror of London--BEST NEW MAZE for 2009!!!) and saw two shows (the Hanging--just so-so this year, and also the BloodLust Show, which was OK if you like Broadway musicals I guess... kind of boring). We were able to ride a few coasters without waiting in line too. I am going to predict that tonight's Haunt (being a Friday!) will be a much different experience. It really sucks to go when it is crowded, so I suggest NEVER going on any Friday or Saturday night. If you want to enjoy all the attractions (next year) go on the first night, or go on a Sunday or weeknight early in the month of October. Also, for the 3D mazes it is definitely worth paying $1 to get the 3D glasses--very cool effects!! This is a fun event, but not for small kids, so wait until your kids are teens to take them. It's one of my favorite things to do this time of year though. ENJOY!

1 Thank DBinLH