“Friendliest staff ever experienced”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Ireland
“Friendliest staff ever experienced”
Reviewed 12 November 2008

We spent a week at this hotel and have to say it was our best holiday experience.Every member of staff,from cleaners to reception staff did every thing to make our holiday enjoyable.They were all so friendly and helpful(especially Phillip)but not in an over-powering way.Having read through previous reviews,I can't believe that anyone found this hotel dirty,and we were there during the busiest season(Hallowe'en Haunt was on)
Free shuttle to Disney was great and there are plenty of good places to eat close to the hotel.
On one occasion,the shuttle was late picking us up at Disney and we took a taxi back.The manager couldn't have been more apologetic and refunded our taxi fare,he also gave us free breakfast vouchers .
All in all this was a great place to stay........just wish I was back there now.

• Liked — Friendly staff
3 Thank IrishFamily1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cali
Reviewed 30 October 2008

First off, this is a very nice hotel with fair, competitive prices for the area. The pool, play area, and fitness room were a wonderful treat. Most of the staff were pleasant and helpful. However, housekeeping left something to be desired. There was blood on the bathroom wall, mold in the shower, and they forgot to leave soap in the room. Besides these things, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — Location & price
  • Disliked — cleanliness
1 Thank CPLnCAL
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed 28 October 2008

This maybe the noisest hotel I have styayed at with paper thin walls. After the first night of not being able to sleep becasue of noise from the room next door, we were moved to a different room on the second night which was just as bad. The only way we could get to sleep was to open the window so the roller coaster noise drowned out the noise from guests next door. And the disturbance was a simple conversation between two people whom sounded like they were in our room, I'd hate to be next to someone having an argument. The workmanship is sloppy with crooked thermostats, slanting wallpaper border, bathroom tile and grout that was installed poorly, sheets that do not fit the beds etc. I didn't believe the poor reviews I had seen on this hotel, I wish I would have. If you are looking for a hotel near the theme park and you don't plan on sleeping during the night this may be the place for you, other wise go somewhere else.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — because of noise, could not sleep
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 16 October 2008

The hotel is offering a package plan for the Knott's Berry Haunt and we thought it was a great deal so we went there last Sunday. I was a little concerned after reading some of these reviews, but I thought the hotel was good. The room was big and clean and there was a coffeemaker. The only problem we had was with the check in at 4pm. The hotel has been very busy with guests staying there for the Haunt package and check out is at noon, so our room wasn't ready at 4pm. What a fun night though once we got settled. They had a nice dinner buffet and breakfast buffet the next morning (Snoopy was there in the morning). We didn't have time to explore much of the hotel because we spent the evening at the theme park, but I have to say that we were pleased with what we saw. I would recommend it. That Chicken Restaurant in the Knott's Berry Market Place was amazing. It was probably the best fried chicken I've ever had and the gravy was to die for. It's worth the short wait in line to get into the restaurant, but make sure you go hungry!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelerforfun49
Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed 12 October 2008

I booked my stay with Hotels.com and when I got there they could only accomaodate us for one night. I was so mad! However, it turned out Ok because I didn't like the rooms anyway. They were small, not as clean as I expected them and they smelled! I would never go there again. We got another room later at The Holliday Inn... Much Better!!!

• Disliked — The room was dirty
AsianKay
Reviewed 11 October 2008

It was a good place to rest your head, but it definitely needs some upgrading. The lobby was nice, and the staff very friendly. The rooms were clean, but needed a face lift.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2008

I stayed with my fiancee here for a 10 night holiday to see L.A and go to some theme parks. Knotts Berry Farm was the best theme park I went to, and empty in the weekdays so really advise that. You get cheap tickets too with a stay at this hotel.

The hotel was great, very clean, spacious rooms and good facilities with attentive, helpful staff. There's even an ice machine on every floor!

The pool was great, clean and tidy, the toy is good fun and there is a really hot jacuzzi which is open with the pool till 11pm.

There were also guest laundry facilities quite handy, a mini arcade, a cash machine (ATM) and gift shop.

Contrary to Tripadvisor's status above these reviews, the wifi is not free, its $10 a day but cheaper if you buy longer plans. Wifi is excellent though, rock solid and I was getting approx 2.5Mb/s down and 700Kb/s up.

The adjoining restaurant/bar Amber Waves was OK, the breakfast was $13.99 and all you can eat from scrambled eggs, bacon, french toast, muffins, cereals and coffee/orange juice. The bar there isn't so good, the guy when I was there behind the bar was a bit rude towards me. I'd also advise taking a bottle opener with you, the bar bloke wanted something ridiculous like $5 per bottle "corkage fee". What a joke. Alternatively the gift shop sells a bottle opener for about $2.

Top tip for travellers from LAX, Look into prices of Taxis as well as buses and dont assume buses to be cheaper! an immediately booked over the phone big people carrier taking us and loads of luggage one way to LAX was $80 which was far better value than a bus.

I used Grey Line buses when I was there to see the city, Universal, Disney etc and it was alright but not overly cheap, just less hassle than a car. Caution though, dont rely on them to get you back to the airport on time....

Overall:

Rooms - clean
Pool - clean, spacious
Staff - helpful and polite
Knotts Berry Farm - amazing thrill rides, something for everyone
Wifi - excellent speed and reliability

• Liked — Location to Knotts Berry Farm
  • Disliked — Location to local restaurants and Buena Park Mall (only a ~$7 taxi ride though)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple