“Ick”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I am not a real picky person, all I want is a clean room with good upkeep. I give every place a chance. Well we took the kids to go to Knott's Berry farm and thought this was a good location. Well the location was good in vicinity to the amusement park. The rooms were outdated (think 1990) with stick floors and simple fixes not even attempted to be corrected (screws loose in doors everywhere) walls dirty, carpet sticky. It really creeped me out thinking of all the grime. The beds were lopsided and lumpy. I can not believe Knott's Berry would ever endorse this as theirs. I sure hope they process their jelly better than this - if not I'm not ever eating their goods again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,677)

Reviewed 10 March 2010

This hotel had very nice accomodations which were comfortable and clean. The rooms had great beds which were comfortable.The rooms were clean and nice. The shower and the air/heat system worked better than in any hotel/motel/resort I've been in lately. The housekeeping department was lax on replacing washcloths, drinking glasses, and other items when they cleaned the room and we had to call to have them delivered.

The Food and Beverage Department was quite good, which surprised me. Most hotels, even the best don't serve great food for banquets. This one did! The food and the service were GREAT!

But from the start it was apparent that the service was not what one would expect from a "Resort" OR a "Hotel." When I arrived, Snoopy greeted me with friendly waves while I sat patiently in my car waiting for a bellman to come out to take my bags, but no bellman came. Finally, after several minutes of watching Snoopie wave at me, I got out of the car, walked into the lobby and asked if there was a bellman available. The bellman spoke up and happily, loaded my items on a cart.In all, the whole situation seemed almost like a "Mom and Pop" operation, and I don't mean that in a homey way.

So, my reflection on this "Resort Hotel" is that it is not much of a "Resort," but it does pass muster for the Hotel test . . . barely. Overall, the hotel service was disappointing, but the food service was surprisingly great, perhaps the best I've ever had in a hotel.

I would recommend this hotel but not if you're expecting a Resort or a true full service Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2010

although it was fairly clean & comfortable, nothing seemed to work(heat, A/C, remote, shower stall etc.) The service (with the exception of one shuttle driver) was horrible - no one seemed to know anything and had to difer questions such as "what time is the shuttle?" to others. When the TV remote did not work, and needed new batteries I was told I had to wait until the next day because o9nly maintenance could change a battery??
Also when we ate in the restaraunt and order the 'happy hour' special, we did not get the discount and were told it didn't apply that night. When we explained we would have ordered something else and specifiaclly asked for the special they just said oh well ( that was the one and only time we ate there).

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Average hotel good for a short stay to do the theme park,otherwise isolated in the way of public transport,and things to do.Stay in down town LA to access trains to see the rest of LA ,we were stuck out here for a week local buses are ok but for example 3 buses and 2hours to get to long beach.Bus drivers unfriendly .Rooms clean and tidy quite good pool no fridge there are tea and coffee facilites. quite a few restaurants within 10 mins walk.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We had initially booked this hotel for 5 nights in early Jan. 2010; liked the hotel and our room so much we extended our stay for 2 more nights. We had asked for a room on one of the more recently updated and quieter higher floors with a king-size bed preference. Sound-proofing between rooms must be excellent as we did not even hear the families with several children staying in adjacent rooms. Staff is very friendly. Besides the restaurant in the hotel there are 2 others, including a TGI Friday, at the adjacent Knotts Berry Farm Park, a 3-minute walk from the hotel. Room had wireless computer access but at a nominal hourly or daily charge, even for the lobby computers. The hotel’s busiest times seem to be during school vacations.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank askjens
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I have stayed in this hotel many times, and have always been happy. This time, I was checking in for my wedding, which was being held at the Church of Reflections, which is located on the "Knott's Southern California Resort", which using the Theme/Amusement Park defination, is a location with multiple parks (seperate gated parks) a shopping area outside the parks, and at least one Hotel with convention facilities). The Hotel's name meets those deifinations.

The Hotel property itself has a large pool, a good size Spa/Hot Tub (which was at 104 degress when I used it, much better than most places I stay at, where the Spa is a few degrees cooler), plus Tennis Courts, a workout room with quite a bit of equipement and a Sauna and Steam Room.

The room I stayed in and the other three I stayed in (and my wedding party ended up with 4 different rooms) have all been recently upgraded with new bathroom fixtures and Flat Screen TV's. Everything was clean and in great shape. The rooms are large and my new Wife's entire bridal party had no problem on Friday night and Saturday morning getting ready and all the other stuff that goes on.

The property itself is well taken care off, great staff, nice gift shop that includes a golf pro who can arrange tee times for those who want to get 18 holes in.

Had a few meals at the Hotel Restaurant, Amber Waves, including our rehearsal dinner. Everyone in the party was happy with the food and the service. Prices are very reasonable, plus they have a nice bar area with some very good prices, especially during Happy Hour, which is offered 6 days a week.

They also offer a free shuttle to Disneyland, plus Snoopy hangs out in the Hotel Lobby and Amber Waves on a regular basis.

Parking is included with your stay, but Internet is $10 per day, a discount is available for a longer stay.

So long as you understand you are staying at a 3.5 or 4 star hotel, instead of a 5 star place, you should have a great time!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Darkbeer
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I was a bit worried after reading some reviews but as soon as we drove up to the hotel i could see evrything would be fine. This is a large hotel with the usual amenities, i.e swimming pool, gym, sauna, steam room and restaurants. There is also a guest laundry and internet use ( but this is expensive). Our room was large and well maintained with all the usual facilities, i.e TV, coffemaker etc
We did not eat at the restaurant as it was expensive compared to other restaurants in the neighbourhood, also we like exploring and there were lots of restaurants within walking distance and even more just a short drive along the adjoining avenue ( Beach Boulevard).
Finding the hotel from the airport was a breeze as it is located only a few hundred yards from the main highways ( 5 and 91). Because of its location near the main highways visiting other attractions such as Universal and Hollywood was easy and quick ( 30-40 mins). Also the hotel is only a few minutes drive from Disney but if you wish you can book the hotels free shuttle.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple